No customization options are available.

Wunderlich risers

Discussion in 'R1200RS Appearance Mods' started by M.M., Jul 26, 2015.

1. M.M.

M.M. Member

Hello,

I would like to buy the Wunderlich risers for my RS.
    Has anyone bought them directly from their website?
    I saw that they have two options, one for 79,90 and one for 99,90
    http://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/wunderlich-handlebar-riser-1.html
    http://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/handlebar-riser-abe-approved-3.html

As far that I can understand, one is for rising the bars without the NAV support and one with the NAV support. I have the NAV support on my RS so I guess I have to buy the 99,90 version?
    I donĀ“t want to buy something that will not fit perfectly, so I hope you guys can help me.

Thanks
    M.M.

2. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

The 99Euro one is indeed the ones with the satnav screws. Part No. 31000-211 . Dont think anyone is getting stock until August.

3. BobW

BobW Active Member

I just cant work out how they will fit. The R1200R is different .

Attached Files:

4. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

5. M.M.

M.M. Member

Thank you for your answer Psv69, I saw that they are temporary out of stock, but august is already here.

6. BobW

BobW Active Member

Psy69 Ordered today from Nippy Normans. Will report back when received and fitted.

Psy69 likes this.
  7. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

Arrived today. Hopefully will get to fit them this evening.

1.jpg

8. BobW

BobW Active Member

Psy69. I will watch out with interest.

Aussie Import likes this.
  9. JHero

JHero Active Member

Psy69. Just received my sat nav risers today.
    The instructions say that you need to reroute the clutch cable in a stress relieved way!
    I thought there was enough play in the cable without rerouting it and will be very interested to see how you get on.

10. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

OK, I had a spare 30 mins and I work from home so decided to fit these.

Simple enough job and torque for the bolts are 19nm. I added anti seize as I do for all dry bolts. Anyone wrenching on their own bikes will thank themselves for doing it in years to come.
    Some observations I made are that the replacement bolts supplied are nowhere near the quality of the ones coming out. The BMW ones are top shelf billet bolts.
    The clutch cable does get a little snug at full right lock and is at the cusp of being a concern. If it was anymore than it was I would be doing something about it. Its fine in the "normal" range of travel the headstock would move when riding. The riser are sculpted so they are left and right fit, it will be obvious which is which when fitting.
    Not sure if the dealer or factory fit the sat nav mount, but the cable tie securing the power connector to it was cinched so tight it would have been only a matter of time before it cut into the cable.

20150731_132802.jpg 20150731_132813.jpg 20150731_132828.jpg

11. JHero

JHero Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply and for confirming what I thought on the Clutch Hose.
    By the way what do you mean by anti seize. copper grease?
    John

12. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

I use anti seize but it is pretty much copper grease.

13. BobW

BobW Active Member

Thanks Psy69 . Concerned re clutch hose. Should get mine soon. I have 1st service next Wednesday at Bahnstormers so probably will fit after this . The only time I need full lock is really when pushing bike into the garage.

14. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

It really should be fine Bob. At full right lock you have no slack left, but nothing that will impede or stress the hose. Lower down there is a plastic clamp that holds the cable to the frame. You could remove the hose from this to buy a few more mil. Ive left it as its not a concern for me. I suggest having a look when you do it and decide from there. All other wires have plenty of slack.
    Conversely the brake side has loads of cable slack.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  15. JHero

JHero Active Member

Just fitted mine no problems. Agree with Psv69 no slack on Clutch Hose on full right lock but OK. Also zip tie on sat nav cable overtight.
    Now just to test ride to see if I get the benefit I am hoping for.

16. BobW

BobW Active Member

Thanks Guys, Its left full lock that I tend to you use when pushing backwards in any case. Look forward to hearing about the on road testing .

17. blanchman

blanchman New Member

Ordered mine as well. As far as bar backs are concerned, I usually only install them when I go on longer trips. Around town, I don't use them as I find the RS's standard position pretty comfortable for shorter periods. But, that was before I had to also do a full Nav System removal/install. While no big deal, it does take extra time and effort.
    I am amazed at those beautiful pictures of the RS's steering head. What amazingly beautiful craftsmanship. That is why we all decide the BMW's, while expensive, are worth it. Something nice to admire, and if you are like me, I can go into the garage and just sit there staring at this machine in wonder !!

18. Psy69

Psy69 Active Member

Went for a quick 60mile to test. Much more of a relaxed position and can definitely notice the change. When on the motorway I put the cruise control on, lightened my grip and felt I could churn out some serious mileage like that. Definitely worth it in my opinion. I'm off to Spain and Portugal in four weeks time so should come back with them thoroughly tested.

19. BobW

BobW Active Member

Thanks Psy69, sounds very positive. I look forward to trying out myself. We are all refining the RS .

20. M.M.

M.M. Member

Psy69, thank you for the pictures and detailed information. Very useful :cool: