No customization options are available.

Wunderlich Flowjet Low Screen

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by SteveB, Sep 16, 2017.

1. SteveB

SteveB Member

Just spotted this new lower screen which I think looks good and might be more effective than the standard screen:

"You want to let the wind play about your nose while you're driving, but without troublesome turbulence , and you consider an
    optical gap closure between the headlights and the armatures important? Then our "Flowjet" windshield is the right choice for you!
    Here we have designed a pioneering design concept that will give your R 1200 RS LC an independent, aggressive appearance with a few grips and that will ensure optimum wind conditions.

As for proportions, the optimal synthesis of perfect design and remarkably high basic protection.

• Optimal wind conditions without bothersome vortexes and turbulence in a lower position
    • Greater long-haul and touring comfort in a higher position
    • approx. 4 cm lower than the original
    • UV- and chemical-resistant PMMA plastic
    • With ABE"
    http://www.wunderlich.de/shop/en/wunderlich-flowjet-windshield-43956-202-1.html

43956-202_02_web.jpg

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    slippery likes this.
  2. slippery

slippery Active Member

looks good might be the answer I am looking for, anything will be better than the original ill designed piece of crap that drives me insane

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    boxerboy and SteveB like this.
  3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

I feel for you brother!

4. 10puzzler

10puzzler Member

Hi all thought I'd add my comments.I know a lot of people complain about the screen but i find it great for me.I'm 6' tall and have no problems with wind noise or buffeting.In the past have tried aftermarket screens and most have not worked as well as original.I think your helmet makes a big difference.This is not a touring bike it's sports/tourer emphasis on sports you would not get still air without a plank on the front which wouldn't do the looks any good.I have my screen set in top position and it works great.If it's too hot i'll lower it down for air flow. Works for me.:):):)

oldbikemart likes this.
  5. SteveB

SteveB Member

Well, I have bought and fitted the Wunderlich Flowjet screen (via Nippy Normans in Devon UK - £159). The weather is too windy to judge the level of improvement yet - but the new screen is not worse than the standard BMW screen (as that would be impossible!). Here are some pictures. Not pretty but it matches the bike just fine. You can see the significantly steeper angle on the top of the screen, plus there is no lip. The screen is also pushed further forwards by thick spacers (with longer screws). All parts / screws / washers required for fitting provided. I'll update this post with a performance review. A quick spin confirms air seems to be pushed around and over the curved screen and my helmet seems to be in a relatively smooth airflow (still wind noise - but smoother less buffeting).

I'll let you know if I am happy................

Steve

Attached Files:

Mark and Scorch like this.
  6. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

Looks awesome!
    I'm definitely going to put that on my shopping list for next summer!
    (It's quite pricey, but I guess that's Wunderlich for you)

I just wish I could try out new screens before I buy them. I have about 4 screens for my RS that I never use because they just didn't work for me. It gets expensive...

7. XR750

XR750 New Member

I purchased the Flowjet screen this past fall, put it on and took a short ride up to 70 mph. Did a u-turn, went back home, took it off, put it back in the box and returned it.

It produced the worst buffeting I’ve ever experienced.

FYI, I’m 5’-9” with 31” inseam, normal arm length and I wear a Shoei Neotec and have stock bars on my 2016.

Jim Evans and slippery like this.
  8. MRZ

MRZ Member

I agree with you. I’m 6 foot and use the standard screen in higher position with ear plugs