No customization options are available.

Wunderlich Bar Risers

Discussion in 'Australasian Riders' started by Rogerp, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Rogerp

Rogerp New Member

For sale a set of bar risers for use with the Navigator V. The Wunderlich risers lift the bars 25mm and bring them slightly closer to you. The risers are easily fitted and require no recabling. I bought them for $258 AUD and am happy to sell for $150. I am in Melbourne but can post them in Australia.
    [​IMG]

2. AusTourer

AusTourer Active Member

HI Roger you might want to put them on the Members Classifieds section of the forum

3. Rogerp

Rogerp New Member

Thanks AusTourer. I thought I would post it in the Australasian section first.
    cheers

4. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Hi Roger.
    Are the risers still for sale and may I ask why you don't want them now? I'm also in Melbourne.
    Cheers
    Tony

5. Rogerp

Rogerp New Member

Hi Tony,
    Yes the risers are still for sale. The reason they are for sale is that I needed the bars to come back a bit further as I am only 5 ft 5 inches tall and even with the improvement given by the Wunderlich risers it wasn't enough. I then fitted some Illium risers and they come back fractionally further but frankly its not much different to the Illium risers and I could have stuck to them.
    cheers
    Roger

6. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Hi Roger.
    Thanks for your response. I also suffer from the dreaded "ducks disease".
    I have been eyeing the illium risers and will order those as every mm counts for me.
    Thanks again for your quick response and hope you find a buyer for your risers.
    Cheers
    Tony

7. Rogerp

Rogerp New Member

Thanks Tony
    cheers
    Roger

8. Neo

Neo New Member

I've just bought the Helibars as they are a 'up and back' riser as opposed to most just being a straight up riser.

9. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Hi Neo,
    Thanks for the info. Have you fitted the helibars and how much are they? Are you in Australia?
    Cheers
    Tony

10. Neo

Neo New Member

Waiting on them to turn up currently, ordered from eBay cost is about $200. Yes I'm in the Southern Tablelands of NSW.

11. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Hope you can give us a review if possible Neo.
    Cheers

12. Neo

Neo New Member

I've just fitted these today along with a few other things. Went for a short ride to test it out - they are a significant improvement, I can definitely notice that I'm not as far leaning fowards as I was.

Quality is great - powder coated and supplied with bolts and great instructions. Only needed a minor adjustment to the clutch cable keeper and to rotate the handle downwards to give it a bit more free play in the cable.

13. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Thank for your review Neo, sounds great. I'm waiting for my ilium works bar backs to arrive which should be next week..
    Cheers

14. Rebel13

Rebel13 Active Member

I'm 5' 7" and fitted the Illium bar raisers May last year and I couldn't be happier. They were very easy to install with no re-cabling required.
    Makes riding long distances an non issue.

15. Tony M

Tony M New Member

Hi Rebel13,
    I've now fitted and tried out the illium bar backs and agree they certainly make a difference. I noticed after fitment that the clutch line was stretching a tad when bars were turned fully to the right. To allow a bit of slack I adjusted the levers slightly forward and clutch line is fine now.

16. Rebel13

Rebel13 Active Member

I had my levers tilted forward before I bought the illium risers, as I found them more comfortable in that position.
    Enjoy your ride.

Tony M likes this.
  17. KeithH

KeithH New Member

I'm 5'6" and went for the Helibar risers. Made all the difference, and an easy to fit quality product