No customization options are available.

Wife Likes It

Discussion in 'Canadian Riders' started by Bazza Beemer, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Took wife for ride tonight. She likes it! Wobbly at the stop sign but all in all the ride was good even though I could not get a preload to set for pillion. Set all the other suspension settings to Road mode. I will have to play with the ESA some more to get used to all of the button pushing. So we only get one chance to make a first impression and this one was a good one for my lady. The season remaining is very short but we will squeeze a decent trip in before the snow flies.

2. Brickhead

Brickhead Active Member

After entering ESA adjustment, tap the button to change damping, press and hold to change preload. Preload adjustment is only available when stationary.

3. lars Ormvold

lars Ormvold Active Member

Adding info from the manual . . . .

upload_2015-8-25_18-37-3.png

4. Bazza Beemer

Got most of the buttons figured out now. Bike handles much better two up when the preload is set for two up.

5. Gr8BigSea

Gr8BigSea Member

I took my wife for a ride last weekend and also managed to figure out the settings. The ride was a bit too long and a bit too cold for her. I don't think it was that comfortable either, as she is fairly tall and I think her legs were too scrunched up. Will probably have to reserve judgement until next year.

6. Bazza Beemer

Suburban Machinery are coming out with pillion adjustable footrests. They have the driver ones. Wifey wants the same to relieve the angle of the bent knees. It is hard to remember where we see stuff but one of the English members posted a site and they have GS adjustable rear pegs that look like they work.

7. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

My wife is yet to be interested in going on the bike. :( Her loss.

8. Gr8BigSea

Gr8BigSea Member

Oh, mine was not interested, I had to nag her to get on the bike. Truth be told, though I enjoy driving by myself, I think I would prefer if she had her own bike, but that's going to be a difficult one to get her to take the course and then get her license. Not because she can't do it, just that she doesn't want to!

9. Grumpy Goat

Sounds a bit like mine. And when she makes up her mind she is like a mule. She did start an MSF course a few months back but driving a "heavy" motorcycle with a clutch as to much for her to learn all at once, so did not finish the course. The instructor also had no time to teach her at the attention level she needed too and that helped sour the experience all the more. This on top of the fact that she did not have a particular liking for bikes in the first place.

10. Gr8BigSea

Gr8BigSea Member

Too bad about that experience - you actually got her into the course - it will probably be even harder to get her to go back again now.
    I'm going to try convincing my wife to take the course with one of my kids (20 and 23), so I think at least she'll have some moral support.
    And we will just keep this talk of mules to ourselves...
    ;)

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  11. Bazza Beemer

Get a small bike with centrifugal clutch first for them to get used to. Then get a small bike with clutch then go for the big one. Might be a two year thing but best way to get the ladies to buy in

12. Grumpy Goat

I would only try that after she has agreed to go on the back of my bike. She so far refuses to do even that.