No customization options are available.

Why I will never buy another motorcycle boot again!!!

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by Vtbob, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

We are getting a lot of news about the flooding in Houston, GG. It seems you have got more rain in a day than I think we get in a whole year. If that is the case, maybe a set of waders would be the better choice for the bike?

ray2, darrell and Vtbob like this.
  2. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Now you're talking! :D Yes 52 inches of rain fell during this flood. That is a lot but the main problem was the drainage being slower than the rain falling. And this area has state of the art flood mitigation technology and expertise. Puts things into perspective PDQ.

A friend of mine was fiddling in his garage with his air cooled GS and decided to go for a ride. This was before the flooding got too serious. Thinking the GS was invincible he rode through a puddle that was a tad too deep and sucked some water into the engine. Luckily he was able to fiddle a lot more and get the water out and the engine was back up and running (gotta love these BMW boxers!). So in all of this he discovered that his intake was pretty darned low - at the top of the cylinder level from the ground. You'd think it would be higher on a bike with this mission. Even our RS with the intake at the BMW logo elevation above the ground appears to be better.

So in this type of rain event, boots are the last think on your mind. :)

Going for a ride in a few minutes to see what's going on and what roads are passable, now that the weather is good and the temperature has not yet again reached "Hell" on the temperature scale.

3. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

I have TCX GoreTex. They cost about $200cdn and to be honest - they are easy to walk in, stiff enough for ankle support, I would not hike in them but good to stand around in for a few hours with no issues. In a thunderstorm they are drier than a popcorn fart and I have not put a single application of Dubbin or the like on them. I cannot complain about them. With all the responses, one can deduce that boots are definitely not 1 size or 1 type fits all. Son has Alpine Stars and he likes them with his big size 12/13 feet.

ray2 likes this.
  4. Grumpy Goat

Which one? I do not find these prices too excessive.

5. alain bruneau

alain bruneau Active Member

I bought a pair of Dakota working sneakers, leather, steel toe and ankles renforcement.
    Paid $120 and I find them light and comfortable. I had a pair of german made boots that were not
    waterproof and not a good sole. I will run these sneakers for a few years and when done, I will buy another pair.
    Like ten German products but really overpriced.

6. To and Fro

To and Fro Active Member

I just picked up some TCX X-tour evo gortex boots on clearance for $200. Revzilla has a good video review but better prices are available elsewhere.

7. Grumpy Goat

Looks like a good boot although regular price is a bit pricey ... $200 is great.

To and Fro likes this.
  8. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Hey GG - here are the pics of my TCX Goretex boots. No model description but took pic of label for you.

Attached Files:

9. Grumpy Goat

Thanks. Good deal.