No customization options are available.

What type of Jacket are you using for Riding the RS ???

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by BrainStorm, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Mans Ulvestahl

Mans Ulvestahl Member

I ordered a new 2017 model. To be delivered in March/April.
    The new gear below. Matching colours.

. Alpinestars-Valparaiso-2-DryStar-Jacket-9213-LightGreyBlackRed-1.jpg Alpinestars-Valparaiso-2-DryStar-Pants-2016-9210-LightGrayBlack-1.jpg schuberthc4.jpg

UncleBob likes this.
  2. Stixx

Stixx Active Member

Perfect choices indeed. Love the new C4 helmet. Have not had a try for fitment though, so no opinion for my personally. Your set is going to be perfect on your
    white /red accent color way. No worries about the motorist seeing you coming for sure. Well done

Mans Ulvestahl likes this.
  3. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Up until this year we have mostly worn leather.
    Our leathers were getting old so we both bought new textile suits as replacements.
    First we bought the BMW Streetguard suits. We really like the jacket but had to replace both because they were not waterproof. I wore the replacement to Arkansas last month but we didn't have any rain to test it. Debbie's replacement did not not arrive until after the trip.
    The Streetguard has a nice liner that works good as a stand alone jacket off the bike.
    I also bought the Klim Latitude suit and Debbie bought a 2014 Klim Altitude jacket. The Altitude is the women's version of the Latitude.
    Good jackets and I trust the GoreTex will be waterproof.
    Both of us noticed this jacket does not vent as well as we had hoped. The vents on the upper arms work well and the wind holds them open.
    The chest vents do not work. The wind slams these two vents shut.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    UncleBob likes this.
  4. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

You comments on the Latitude and Altitude jackets is the reason I went with the Badlands Pro Pants and Jacket. I find no issues with the venting when riding the RS or any of the 3 GS bikes I own. I'd mentioned to you earlier to watch Klim for any Black Friday sales.

UncleBob and Lee like this.
  5. Mans Ulvestahl

Mans Ulvestahl Member

Thank you. Need to be seen - safety issue.

6. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

I went with a new GT Air but the C4 does look very classy.

IMG_2947.JPG

Attached Files:

7. folagana

folagana Well-Known Member Contributor

Do you know what are the differences between the new and the old one? I do not see a new GT Air on the Shoei site, perhaps It is my misundertanding

8. DABs

DABs Active Member

I've been waiting for the C4 (the C3 Pro fits my head fine) but its announcement had passed me by. Thanks! Gives me a chance to save my pennies in my piggy bank.

Dave

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  9. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Sorry, new to me. Not a new version.

10. SoCal RS

SoCal RS Active Member Contributor

Had been using an Alpinestar textile, just picked up a Klim Latitude at a Black Friday sale for 40% off.

11. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

You'll need a few of them, its might expensive. Part of the cost is the 'already plumbed in' comms. Also Schuberth are moving from Cardo to Sean for their comms from 2017

DABs likes this.
  12. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

So basically every make going then !:)

UncleBob likes this.
  13. folagana

folagana Well-Known Member Contributor

I bought Dainese clothes together with my first BMW F800ST. Honestly, I found all Dainese clothes the best ones until some years ago. From 2012 I had only unwanted surprises. Poor quality and poor resistance.

Now when I have to buy something, I do a search on internet for different trademarks....my boots are from TCX and my summer clothes are from Clover, gloves from Revit

14. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

I'm with him: Tourmaster and Joe Rocket jackets, Joe Rocket and Rev'It pants plus an old pair of over pants I can't remember the make, AXO and Alpinestars boots, Bell helmet, gloves I don't even want to start... After many years you replace stuff when you need or(sometimes) want it. But I still can't see paying Klim prices.

15. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

When a new version comes out, check for sales on the non current model.
    Debbie paid 1/2 price from Revzilla for her Klim jacket.
    Our BMW gear was also around 1/2 price.
    Most of the time when we buy gear we buy non current models.

16. SoCal RS

SoCal RS Active Member Contributor

I was struggling with that too, but at 40% off for a current model, I couldn't pass it up.

17. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

Bought an Aerostich 2-pc in their 2nd year of production (1988-perhaps). It's a bit tighter these days, but still wearable. Often, I ride with a store brand (dmw by Profil) jacket that I bought at the Hamburg MC show in 2001. It has zero venting and the red is well faded......adding great provenance.

Last summer, I tried a Tourmaster Sonora Air for a vented jacket, but the neck is just too large without the liners. For next year, I'm trying a Pilot Urban Air jacket and Tourmaster Venture 2 Air pants for warm weather riding.

18. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

I got a Darien jacket and pants in the late 90's. as seen in my picture. These were finally showing signs of age (gore tex was cracking ). I was very satisfied with the Darien.

The Areotich stuff just is stiff and does not fit me well in standard sizes. Back in time, I visited Duluth, my Darien set up was a custom measurement. So now I've sprung for a KLIM jacket when I got the RS and KLIM pants. Better fit, much softer/flexable. Been 100% dry so far.

I wish Aerostich would use softer materials and design a better fit.....there stuff is quality!

UncleBob likes this.
  19. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

I agree. Good quality wont stop a design from becoming antiquated. They completely missed the boat on vented gear which is a necessity for most of the US in July and August

UncleBob likes this.
  20. UncleBob

UncleBob Member

An older Klim Traverse and still use my leather and vented leathers. Held gloves and pants and Arai for the last couple of helmets as their long oval is a true long oval match for my big gourd. Love the Klim, but as others noted it's venting is mediocre on the newer models and mine is worse. Still would buy another though.