No customization options are available.

What type of Jacket are you using for Riding the RS ???

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by BrainStorm, Aug 27, 2015.

1. BrainStorm

BrainStorm Member

Attached Files:

2. JKM

JKM Member

I'm changing from a GSA - I'll be sticking with my Aerostich one piece for work/commute, I have a Rukka Armacor suit for touring( bought at a great price from a guy selling suits on UKGS forum. Great service as well) Lastly I have my leathers for daily/local 'blasts'. I have now stopped buying clothing!!!! lol

3. KOCook

KOCook Active Member

The problem with a jacket that is not attached to your pants is that it umbrellas (folds inside out around your head) if you slide feet first. Which is a high probability. If really a loose fit, doesn't even need to slide to umbrella on you. Also, without armored pants you will be a in a lot of pain after a crash, even if you don't break any bones. Get a full suit. Two piece is convenient if zips together at the waist. Make sure it has good padding at contact points. Yeah, you won't look as cool, but even a little padding can make a huge difference in the personal injury outcome. And get a jacket with a back protector. You only need one acquaintance in a wheelchair at 20 to convince you of that wisdom.

4. Boxerboy55

Boxerboy55 Well-Known Member

I've joined the Klim crowd. Apex jacket with Badlands troos. Sorry, pants.
    Not road tested yet. I have great expectations. Seem well made.

Glad I tried everything on to get the sizes right and learn how all the different models keep you dry, or otherwise. Had to mix and match to ensure zips matched.

Threw in some Klim short gives too. Allegedly will keep me dry too.

Will be disposing of my old Tourguard jacket and Streetguard2 troos.
    Didn't use my one piece Olympic suit very often either.

I still prefer my old 2 piece leathers for shorter runs on sunny days. And track sessions of course.

5. Scooter71

Scooter71 Member

I bought an Olympia Air Glide 4 hi-viz yellow/black jacket and Olympia Air Glide 3 pants in Silver. I really like the jacket very comfortable and well made & I can ride in pretty much all weather above freezing. They do zip together so now I can do a track day someday...hopefully next year as riding season is slowly coming to an end in Indiana:(! I can usually ride until the early part of December but the distance I ride is greatly reduced and also the frequency.

6. Leif the Lucky

Leif the Lucky Member

BMW Streetguard 4 Jacket zipped to pants for fall thru spring. A big fan of integrated shell technology. In summer I use a BMW Airflow.

Antonio Santos likes this.
  7. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

One Piece Aerostich RoadCrafter R3. (zipper from chin to ankle, can wear over work clothes)
    It is hot in the middle of summer, but bearable if must.
    Next year I might by a MotoPort Kevlar Mesh one piece for July & August.

-Ben.

8. Norbert

Norbert New Member

I have the KLIM Badlands which I got while riding my GS. Brilliant for touring, but it is rather "substantial"...
    Am looking at something a bit more road orientated. The BMW Streetguard or KLIM Apex might do. Since the Badlands is still quite new, I probably shouldnt be looking around too much.

mickworth likes this.
  9. jlduck

jlduck Well-Known Member

A black one.

RJC_BMW and Caveman like this.
  10. hdready

hdready Active Member

Sounds perfect!

Mine is black too. A BMW Atlantis (current model). Jacket and pants can be attached to each other, it is a thick and heavy leather suit that is absolutely rain proof. Works well down to 0°C and up to 30/35°C.

For really high temperatures I use a mesh/leather suit made by Hein Gericke. But most times the Atlantis

11. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

I've a Rukka Armas suit for 75% of my riding and it's always zipped together.

Likewise my Alpinestars 2 piece leather suit that I wear on sunny and warm days out. Plus I always wear my Urban Glow Tourstar vest on top.

Seems to work out on any bike.

12. Brian63

Brian63 Active Member

My choice is Halversons which zips to both the Halversons and my Scott leather jeans.This is my third jacket
    1.scraped after 50 mph get off
    2. Replaced after 5 years serviceable but looking not so good
    On par with Rucker but 2/3 the cost

Dedward and Peter Burridge like this.
  13. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

I have a River Road perforated leather jacket with elbow-forearm, shoulder, back armor.

Somewhat similar to this one, http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/river-road-twin-iron-leather-jacket
    But mine is all black and is perforated on the chest and back, (arms shoulders are solid leather).
    The jacket is THICK and HEAVY.

Most of the time now I wear my Aerostich one-piece suit.

14. fireguy286

fireguy286 Member

Tour Master Intake Air 3 - Blue/Silver for everyday road riding. Production winding down over the last few months, but the color scheme is perfect. 3 zip out layers including waterproof make it quite versatile.

[​IMG]

15. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

I have a Aerostich Darien Hi Vis jack and black pants that I've used for 10 or 12 years. Still works fine but it is a bit stiff and clunky and I've grown tired of it.

This spring, bought a KLIM latitude misano jacket and pants as it has softer material and a bit more tailored fit. I like my outer layer to be the waterproof layer...do not like to have to add interior water proof layers. I am pleased with this. Very water proof (several all day rain rides) and is livable, but not enjoyable into the 90sF. Did almost 200 mile earlier this week in temps between 33 and 40F.
    This suit my AGATT when touring...adding heated vest and some inner warmth layer if needed.

In warm weather day trips I have an Olympia Mesh Jacket and use armored jeans.

Still have my old Hein Gericke Dakar leather jacket and an evan older flannel lined waxed Barber jacker.

What I'm looking for is waterproof motorcycle boots that are a pleasure to walk/hike in. Normal water proof hiking boots are too short and rain wicks in to the top of the liner..giving very wet feet.

16. jlduck

jlduck Well-Known Member

See my profile pic? That's me, some 30 + years ago. Lewis Leathers Lightning jacket, Levi's 501s, Converse hightops. No helmet laws in California then, but I always wore a full face. I've been through so many riding suits. My main preference is 2 piece leather jacket and pants. Been through Lewis, Bates, Belstaff, Vanson...right now riding a combo of Dainese jacket and Vanson pants, Bates boots, or jeans with Sidi riding sneakers...or .......?? Rollie Free.jpg

ray2, Boxer2 and lars Ormvold like this.
  17. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm on my 2nd Rukka suit (I didn't wear out my 1st but the wife uses it) and having looked very closely at Halversons gear I'd say that Rukka is definitely worth the extra. Both good however.

18. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

What is with California ? Don't make people wear helmets when all the science says motorcyclists WILL suffer head injuries and die without them and let everyone have as many guns as they want - is this population control that does not require a chemist ?

Aussie Import likes this.
  19. jlduck

jlduck Well-Known Member

California has a mandatory helmet law. It was enacted in 1992.

20. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

So that's ok then, and the guns thing ?

Jim Evans likes this.