No customization options are available.

What have you done to your bike today

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by Peter Burridge, Jan 28, 2016.

1. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Got it very dirty.
    8BA73B4E-E9D2-4225-A9B2-3631653E37B9.jpeg 37EA496D-F34B-4A0A-B222-27A8713F2AB5.jpeg
    BTW for owners of Euro 4 2017 bikes, the software up date does seem make a difference.
    It could be the shiny new oil or me trying to justify main dealer servicing, but the throttle mapping now seems far more like the 2016 version. More direct, less twist per increase in rpm. It feels quicker, punchier.
    I alway felt the 2017 lacked something compared to the 2016. Not any more!
    I’m probably imagining it.

2. HoGee

HoGee New Member

You call that dirty? That’s how it looks leaving the showroom, no? (Hm perhaps I should verfiy what’s underneath that ‘protective layer’ too)
    ha

3. oscarguitar

I agree I got my last one absolutely covered. I think the belly pan spoilers on this one keep feet and frame a bit cleaner.

4. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

I had my RS (and my wife's S1000R) deep-cleaned and ACF50 treated by All Year Biker last Saturday, so they're all set for winter commuting. The smell of hot ACF50 has completely permeated the garage...

oscarguitar likes this.
  5. Boxerboy55

Boxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Re-arranged my garage clutter and backed the RS in tight against my tool boxes to make better use of the space. I’ve promised (it) to remove rear wheel and give it a proper wipe down all over with oily stuff before full hibernation sets in.

This made more room for No.2 bike to get pole position for some serious tinkering to tackle clutch mechanism that went AWOL last time out, i.e. full box out job.

6. carsten

carsten New Member

Just put these little gimmicks on mine.
    I really like this HP2 style

Attached Files:

ray2 likes this.
  7. Allan "redfox"

Allan "redfox" Active Member

I like the style too, where are they from?

8. carsten

carsten New Member

Ilmberger Carbon parts

Allan "redfox" likes this.
  9. RJC_BMW

RJC_BMW Active Member

20171121_120216.jpg 20171121_120127.jpg 20171121_120207.jpg

Took advantage of the 57* day and got out for a ride. First since return form dealer service.

ray2, Jetpilot5, Grumpy Goat and 3 others like this.
  10. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Washed the bike preparatory to laying it up for the winter. Sob. The roads were covered with filth today, from farm machinery and from the frost last night. Only the city gets salt around here: the country roads just get salty dirt dumped on them. Time for my little beauty to take a nap until Spring....

11. Karlfitt

Karlfitt Member

I feel sorry for you, and all others who must do this.

Even though we do have winter here in Colorado, there are enough warm days each month I can get my bikes out for a nice ride to warm them up and make sure they are lubricated so I don't have to store them for winter.

12. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

What was your original problem?

I also had a sticky throttle and initially thought it was the grip puppies holding onto the bar end but then after cutting them I could often quickly rev and release my hand and the bike would only slowly lower throttle back to stop.

Complained at 20,000km service last week and they seemed to have sorted it out to the point it was so bloody sensitive the wind would blow hard on my arm and rev up the bike.

However now a week later I've noticed that with the bike off if I roll through the throttle with two fingers it's like it has a "step" 1/3rd through the roll and is a bit too grippy and not smooth like it should be.

13. oscarguitar

Hi, they didn’t do anything mechanical, just the software update. The problem I (and others) have had is that the throttle feels notchy. For me this was only over 30 degrees C, so rarely a problem. Certainly not his time of year!
    I still think it is a mechanical issue with the sensor in the twist grip binding in hot weather due to expansion, but I have no way of testing it at the moment!
    The update seems to have changed the fuel mapping and the big hole in power delivery (Euro4 engine) has gone and it’s now similar to the Euro3 engine.
    It sounds like you may have a mechanical problem, I recall that one of the forum memebers has had to have the sensor assembly replaced.

14. RJC_BMW

RJC_BMW Active Member

I'm with you on this one. Used to winterize & store for the couple months. For the past can't remember how many years now, clean, park it, plug the pipe, a little stabilizer, battery-tender, and every nice day, get out and ride. Warm up to a good temp, keep everything lubed and ready, and return to top, repeat.

Dave likes this.
  15. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Yup it's definitely mechanical and not electronic in nature.

Have contacted them to take it in...such a ballache.

16. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Envy! You even get skiing down there!

17. Mattblack000

Mattblack000 Member

Just thought I’d mention I’ve fittted one piece Denali soundbomb in place of the stock horn and used the wiring adapter from Nippy Norman’s and works fine. Just need to bend the original bracket up a few degrees and fits in fine, however, having the hands the size of a small child’s would be a bonus. Didn’t need to take fairing off, just removed left cockpit housing (2 screws) and DRL housing (remove screen and 4 holding screws), a little bit of gentle prizing (use plastic tyre irons) and bend back rather than totally remove to grant access. No problem with functionality or canbus.

DABs, Grumpy Goat and ray2 like this.
  18. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Nice. Did you take any pictures?

19. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

What software update?

20. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

I have found that in hot weather or when using heated grips you can get friction due to the grips expanding - all I did is loosen the bar end weight until the throttle was smooth again. First encountered this on an R1150GS in 2001 but had it on other bikes since then.

ray2 likes this.