No customization options are available.

What have you done to your bike today

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by Peter Burridge, Jan 28, 2016.

1. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

In an effort to get a 'Sticky' created (hint to admin here :) ) I thought I'd create this thread in the hope that it becomes a regularly updated day to day account?

I fitted the sealed relay for my Honig Wolo horn and my TechSpec tank grips. Very pleased with the grips that are the Snake Skin ones.

James Kennedy likes this.
  2. Darren

Darren Member

Drove to the dealers in very wet and windy conditions. Still February next week, must get better!

3. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Did 150 miles. -3C on the way there, windy on the way back. Still filthy!

bigwillyhere likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Member

Took delivery of X head cylinder protectors, a mud slinger and a crud catcher :) I will fit them tomorrow

Phillo and David Evans like this.
  5. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

Installed the BMW adjustable rear sets this evening, a bit pricy, quality and adjustment range is perfect. I need to take it out and dial it in but so far feels really good with the pegs on the lowest setting.

I received the Cyclops LED head lights, dual FIAMM dual horns, Illumiworks risers and I am awaiting delievery of the Clearwater Darla lights, CANBUS ready parking lights, Wunderlich hugger and a decent enough day to instsall them.

James Kennedy and Peter Burridge like this.
  6. woolf

woolf Active Member

Can you post a picture of the foot pegs? How much lower is the foot peg ?

7. woolf

woolf Active Member

Well I have done a lot to make the RS what I wanted the bike to be . Wheels are powder coated BLACK , the body and front fender (that where silver or gray ) where painted BLACK . Installed the EU only DAYTIME RUNNING LAMP . BMW LED FLASHERS . BMW SPORT REAR SILENCER with CARDON cover for cross tube , and rear cap . BMW's TINTED windshield , BMW valve cover guards , STEIBIL horn ( wow is it LOUD ) BMW TOURING CASES ( with liners ) . SUBURBAN MACHINE PEG lowering kit . The EXHAUST HEADER has been CERAMIC coated (BRIGHT SILVER ) for easier cleaning . Can't thing of much more to do to it , other than maybe changing the pegs . :eek:

Randal and Bobmg like this.
  8. Peter Burridge

There are a few posts on the forum with photos. They are 3 position with the 1st being original and 2 further positions each approx a cm lower from memory. I'll find photos. I'm really pleased with them.

Here's a link to my thread. I have them in the upper position bur folk have said that the adjustment range makes a real difference.

http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/screen-hp-footpads-and-remus.1221/#post-14488

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
    Randal likes this.
  9. nibelungo

nibelungo New Member

Good morning,

I am wondering about above adjustable HP footrests. What I find is for S1000RR-HP4. Has somebody a link for them?

Returning to issue, yesterday I picked up the bike from 1.000km service and R1200R handlebar install. Didn´t ride too much, 60km so far. Much more relaxing position and improved slowspeed handling. Will test how it performs cornering today or tomorrow.

Today I mounted the Wunderlich screen. Awesome quality and perfect adjustment. Also very happy with how it looks. Will test it in a while.

Pictures in a specific thread will follow when they are on my computer.

regards
    Alex

James Kennedy and Peter Burridge like this.
  10. jamesgarnor

jamesgarnor Active Member

Feel embarrased as I've done very little just recently.
    Other than make sure my new SV motech tank ring fits.

Be great if some of you folk could add the odd picture?

11. Peter Burridge

Hiya Alex here's a couple of links with numbers:

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw-r1200r-k53-adjustable-footrest-left.html

http://www.bmw-motorrad-store.co.uk/bmw-r1200r-k53-adjustable-footrest-right.html

The 2015 R1200R items are the same as the RS ones.

nibelungo likes this.
  12. Brian63

Brian63 Active Member

Modified brackets for spot lights changed lamps from the one 55w sw motec fitments to plasma ultra white which now are the same bright white as the headlights
    I will post photos of the brackets in the "cheep spotlight thred"
    Brian

Peter Burridge likes this.
  13. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Woolf - I'd like to see a good picture or two of this bike and the result of your efforts, especially the colour changes. I do love the other-than-USA (?) spec vertical running light. Was that a simple change to make - I'd think it would be plug and play.

14. Grumpy Goat

Agree. As has been said in other fora - "Pictures or it didn't happen". :)

15. Peter Burridge

+1 Repainting instead of replacing is always an option in a few years time.

16. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

I inquired today about the availability of bmw risers. No answer back yet but will buy them when they are available. Couple of things I want are mudslinger on rear and rad guard might be a good investment for the rocky roads we have in Alberta.

17. woolf

woolf Active Member

No the DTR is for EU ONLY ! When it was ordered it was not restricted to EU only . By the time the bike arrived in late August The DTR was EU only . It is not at this time a plug & play operation , it took BMW LONG BEACH a lot of hours to work it out . I'll try to take some pictures and post then , if I can.

18. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

I tried to order the vertical driving light with mine in December and the dealer informed me they checked and it would not be installed on bikes bound for the USA, not even as an option.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  19. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

What have I done for my bike today? Cleaned it at last, it was disgusting. I have never know a bike get so filthy and with so many awkward nooks and crannies. It's gonna have to wait till the spring for a proper clean. I'll just keep spraying on the ACF 50 and work out how to get it off later.

20. Grumpy Goat

Thanks. Wow! Typical German engineering. How hard is it to make a replacement panel witht he DTR fixture that can plug into the harness to suit the market in which the bike is sold. Contrast that to my truck which came without steering wheel controls for the radio and bluetooth. I bought a replacement steering wheel and plugged that into the harness and voila .... have audio controls. No bluetooth module so no bluetooth functionality but I am sure if I got that it woul dbe just as easy.

DTR is simple ... bike on, switch the darned thing on.