No customization options are available.

Weiser 2 in 1 signals

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by CaliSean, Aug 9, 2017.

1. CaliSean

CaliSean New Member

Has anyone here done an install on the Weiser 2 in 1 signals?

I like the concepts but would love to hear from riders who have done this to know if it is worth it.

There is one other thread talking about the UltraBright signals but not the 2 in 1s.

lars Ormvold likes this.
  2. TimMc

TimMc Active Member

Looks good. A lot of money though and OZ RSs come standard with the central LED daytime running light.

3. lars Ormvold

lars Ormvold Active Member

At USD 249 it is cheaper than most alternatives, and looks a lot better. I will most certainly buy it. Thanks CaliSean for the tip :)

4. DABs

DABs Active Member

Can't see any brightness spec in terms of lumens.

Dave

5. lj516

lj516 Active Member

I can't really see the actual signals in the pictures but they sound similar to these for the rear and these for the font that I'm about to pull the trigger on.
    They are aluminum and very significantly cheaper and look of a pretty high quality.

6. Brickhead

Brickhead Active Member

From their web site, I gather that these are inserts for the OEM housings, meant to replace the OEM reflector and bulb.
    Lars, I thought you had LED turn signals?

7. CaliSean

CaliSean New Member

For the curious I got ahold of the manufacturer to get some details on the light output. The short is that they put out about 400 lumens. The text below is from my email exchange with them.

"Each driving light upgrade emits approximately 400 Lumens. Which I think you will find is comparative to the smaller popular Denali driving lights sold by Twisted throttle..and the BMW driving lights standard on the GSA (tho neither of these have the extra advantage of bright turn signals too).

As we currently use the OEM lens that is standard on BMW’s this light is not focused into a beam of light but spread very effectively in the same way as it does for the turn signal. (We estimate the turn signal emits similar Lumens currently ..possibly a little lower due to loss of some light because of the color in the LED). This is still the brightest turn signal solution available on the market we believe.

The lights are not designed to throw light forward but to spread the light at a shorter distance make you safer and more visible to other road users. We may consider in the future offering a more focused optical lens solution as an additional product in due course to throw a beam further.. for now however we are very happy with the results we are seeing and feedback from customers.
    "

ray2, TimMc and DABs like this.
  8. lars Ormvold

Yes Brickhead, I have LED's but I consider to replace them. On the other hand I have I slight delay to decide as I rode off last sunday due to sand/gravel in the road.
    The sand stated exactly where sun-shade were and I did not see it. More visible now on the picture after I have been through it . .
    Luckily thanks to good riding-gear my wife and I could walk away from the accident, but the RS is in need for some care . . .
    I can now with great confidence say the MachineArt X-heads does their job. We rode off in probably 60-70 km/h, and they are not worn through and into the metal.

upload_2017-8-20_14-55-22.png upload_2017-8-20_14-55-46.png
    upload_2017-8-20_14-57-20.png

Last likes this.
  9. Brickhead

Brickhead Active Member

Ouch! Good thing you were unharmed, though, regardless how the bike fared. Any idea how long you will be bike-less?

10. TimMc

TimMc Active Member

Very glad you're not not hurt mate!

11. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Bad luck. Hope you're back on the road soon.

12. lars Ormvold

Yepp, the RS will be repaired and back on the road. Now it's to buy complete new riding-gear so I am ready when the bike is. After the accident I will buy exactly the same as now I have tested it and am confident it works.
    Shoei GT-Air
    upload_2017-8-28_7-21-13.png

Halvarsson
    upload_2017-8-28_7-14-36.png

Richa gloves.
    I will never ride without knuckle-protection in the gloves . . . .
    upload_2017-8-28_7-17-56.png upload_2017-8-28_7-22-24.png

TCX Boots
    upload_2017-8-28_7-20-3.png

ray2 likes this.
  13. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Member

Sorry about your accident - glad you appear to be ok
    It's crap when that happens

As for the https://www.weisertechnik.com/shop/...w-motorcycle-led-turn-signal-indicators-axhzr
    What a great idea and I would seriously consider these for a bit more presence on the road and not having to bolt on extra lights
    Unfortunately I have the LED indicators so don't think that they would fit without changing them
    Pity you can't buy the whole unit body and LED,s

14. lars Ormvold

I got some concerns from the shop which repairs the bike that there might be som problems with LED blinkers rear and change in front as the front requires the non-LED type and replace the inner parts. Probably will add confusion into the software, so then you will have to change rear as well and you might have to have the bike re-programmed for the blinkers . . . .

15. Sideshow Bob

Sideshow Bob Member

Thanks Lars - I will give it some thought
    One point - surely if you are fitting two new indicators on the front with LED inserts the Canbus will still see them as LED?

16. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I don't think the LED / conventional turn signal is an issue. We changed coventional front turn indicators on a mate's S1000 RR to LED with no problems.

17. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

18. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

I added the Weisler LED inserts into my standard signals today with zero issues! They perform wonderfully and the whole job took about 10 minutes...

TimMc and ray2 like this.
  19. Robert Bower

Robert Bower New Member

Replaced the factory turn signal bulbs with the Weiser Technic ultra brights. Much more light. Decided not to get the running light option because you have to compromise the wiring harness . The system was not plug and play. Love the idea of having them as running lights also. Made that suggestion to BMW of NA. that they have that as standard as well as better head and tail lights. Low beam is almost dangerous to use on the headlight by itself.