No customization options are available.

Vortex GPS Mount ... LOVE IT!

Discussion in 'Hightide Technologies' started by Nomad5326, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Nomad5326

Nomad5326 Member Contributor

After a long customs stay my Vortex GPS mount arrived last week. The fit/finish and just the design is top notch. This weekend I mounted it up (30min even w/side panel removal to lengthen GPS wires) and took it for a 3 day/300mi test ride to Anza Borrego w/my GF. I cannot say enough about the placement; which is perfect (eye or just below eye level); or its performance in either the high or low screen position. In both positions it was vibration free, stable and useable. I do have some steering lock issues when it it in the low position and will play with it but on the road it's perfect even in the twisties! This is what BMW should have sent the bike out with and I hope seriously that Tony patents this lovely device because it is the only one that actually fits with the form/function of the bike.

Now if Tony can make a similar mount for my BMW F650GS Dakar i'd be in heaven! Kudos Tony! Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    ray2 likes this.
  2. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

I've had a Vortex on my bike since new and it is probably the best option I have added to the bike. As you state it puts the GPS right in front of you. When Tony T released these I purchased a couple of extra ones as I wanted to help him get his small business started as well as they were so well designed I could not imagine anyone duplicating so I thought if mine got damaged or I ended up with a 2nd bike I'd have spares.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  3. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

Got any photos of the mount ????????????

4. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

Go to the Marketplace section and look under Hightide Technologies and you will find lots of information and photos. I don't have anything close up but could take some if you can't find what you want in Tony T postings.

Jasper likes this.
  5. duccrazydave

duccrazydave Member

You can also check out Grumpy Goat's You Tube channel. He has a great install video for the Vortex