No customization options are available.

UK: Base layers on sale at EDZ or Millets

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by wessie, Dec 2, 2017.

1. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

EDZ have a number of their excellent base layer garments on sale - ideal for motorcycling and other outdoor activities.
    https://www.edzlayering.com/collections/long-sleeve-tops-1 - Merino wool tops reduced from £50 to £30

If the prices are still too high for you then have a look at Millets (and presumably sister brand, Blacks) at the Peter Storm sale.
    https://www.millets.co.uk/mens/mens-clothing/baselayers/ - polyester long sleeve top a tenner from £20

I use both. The EDZ will last you years and the sizing is consistent. Peter Storm is Millets' own brand and is batch made by multiple makers, so the sizing can vary between individual garments. Millets has a good returns policy if you order online.

I take the polyester tops on tour - they rinse out easily and dry quickly so the shirt worn on the bike today will be ready to use again the following morning. This reduces the amount of clothing you need to pack.

oldbikemart likes this.
  2. boxter

boxter Active Member

I have couple of sets of base layers from Aldi, they are good price and work well, I find cyclists base layer seem best.

Ged

3. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Ditto

Picked a fresh pair up earlier this year tops and bottoms - something like £9.99/£14.99 each as my old pair (complete with resistant fronts) were starting to get a bit baggy and misshapen.....not bad for cheapo Aldi stuff that has had around 6 years worth of use!

boxter likes this.
  4. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

I have some Aldi cycling base layers - a long sleeve T shirt and leggings. They work for wicking but not so good for thermal insulation as they are very stretchy so there is no air gap providing insulation. I find the plain polyester or merino wool types without elastane comfier on longer rides.

5. Brian63

Brian63 Active Member

Edz gets my vote worth every penny
    Brian