No customization options are available.

Time for a change

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by harleybear, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

Congrats harleybear, if I lived in old blighty myself, I would imagine that fairing makes even pissing down rain a non issue.....hope you stick around the RS forum just the same though.

2. Daboo

Daboo Active Member

Having done an extended test ride on both an RS and an RT, I'd pick the RS.

We all have our own reasons for picking the bike we have. The RT seemed like it was too refined to me. It lacked the connection with the experience I was having. I knew within a couple miles, that the RT would not work for me. (I actually knew that in the showroom, but if the salesman is willing to give you an unlimited duration test ride...who am I to complain??? :D )

I could see the RT being great for putting miles behind me while going down the super-slab. And I could see the RT being just fine while going through the twisties. But it seemed to lack in the experience, IMHO. But then, I'm a little different than most riders. I like the idea of "roughing it" and the RT coddled me more than I would want for a daily ride.

But that's why there are so many bikes to chose from. :)

Chris

Barbelson likes this.
  3. Twistydevil

Twistydevil New Member

Good Luck With your New Toy