No customization options are available.

Test ride

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Forum Announcements' started by Tripleblack, Sep 1, 2017.

1. boxter

boxter Active Member

CA65WF----

Ged

2. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

I would personally wait for a Granite Grey,otherwise you will have to spend lots of money on Go Fast Extras just to to keep up with us. Some people enjoy cruising so that may be the right colour for you. LOL:)

Bravo, Grumpy Goat and Igster09 like this.
  3. Igster09

Igster09 Member

Check seat fitted if height is not comfortable, there are 4 seat options most dealers are helpful with changing them to suit you

4. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

Except I can't fit two bikes with side stands in my garage.....

5. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Many reasons to have a centre stand on a sport tourer like ours, including your very good reason.

The centre stand is a boon for all sorts of work on the back end not least is which is removing the rear wheel and stably loading and supporting the bike, which on a tour would be very appreciated. To my way of thinking, if the centre stand is becoming an issue for clearance then one needs to get a proper sports bike, not a bike with touring in its mission profile.

Leon.P. and Peter Burridge like this.
  6. Peter Burridge

You're right. There are times when the camber in a forecourt or a parking bay means the side stand is too long and the main stand then comes into play. Cleaning the bike, removing the wheels for tyres and punctures etc.

I raised my HP pegs to the highest position due to grinding the hero blobs. They still ground out but the stand doesn't. The only time I've had the stand ground is at smaller angles of lean when I'm loaded up and hit a big dip in the road and then the stand has hit the road, twice, nothing when cornering.

7. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

What do you mean? Mine has been like that since day one and I got it by the end of July.

8. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, to you I offer the ....'Paddock stand' for cleaning, winter storage etc etc . No need to thank me :):):)

Peter Burridge likes this.
  9. Peter Burridge

A paddock stand is no damn good in a rural Scottish garage forecourt:) (I really can say that 'I stand corrected') Plus I always find putting a heavy bike on a paddock stand without a helper a liability. The RS is no sports bike and I find that a centre stand fulfills its purpose admirably.

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  10. Tripleblack

Tripleblack Member

Well the stand is brand new the bike itself is so good you could turn the odometer back to 0 and sell it as new well pleased quite a few extras the owner has put on less than 4000 miles on it in 21 months and I think all of them were in California by how clean it is right guys what are the best fender extender and front engine protection to get

Peter Burridge likes this.
  11. Peter Burridge

The MachineArtMoto Avant engine guard is so good you won't need an extenda. The front mudguard flexes so much that they have a habit of slapping on the tyre anyway. A MachineArtMoto Mudsling is pretty vital imo. Nippy Normans will sort you out.

Peter

Tripleblack likes this.
  12. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Good point from Peter on the shock preload adjustment as he had issues with his. But when you test it the time to make the actual setting change seems like a long time. Mine takes about 20 seconds to complete from start to finish.

13. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Added to that is the fact that paddock stands take up valuable space in the garage.