No customization options are available.

Supply of RS's

Discussion in 'Canadian Riders' started by Bazza Beemer, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Was at the dealer yesterday and he said the Calgary cycle show 2016 was better for them than last year in sales. They only had 1 RS and it was sold at the show. So still that only makes 4 RS around Calgary. Don't know when the factory will ramp up production. Sounds to me that Europe, UK and Aussie are the big sales focus points for BMW.

2. Gr8BigSea

Gr8BigSea Member

Surprised to hear that this would be a better year for motorcycle sales considering the downturn in the economy - it's been hitting hard in the oil producing provinces (like here in Newfoundland).

My dealer had only one RS last year (which I bought) so unless somebody brought one into the province during the winter, I still have the only one on the island :). The dealer still had an RR, an XR and two R nine T's left unsold as of 6 - 8 weeks ago.

I'm wondering if the list price will go up this year considering the awful devaluation of the Canadian dollar?

3. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

Well, the list price in the U.S. for the RS sure doesn't seem to be going down very much (actually it seems to be rising), considering the strength of the U.S. dollar (which is really amazing considering how our presidential primary elections are going :rolleyes: ). So my guess is that BMW is squeezing their various regions for whatever the market will bear and the price of the RS and their other models will have little to do with currency fluctuation - unless they need an excuse for raising prices, of course. ;)

4. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

GR8bigC, I would say that there is still momentum here in Calgary that is lagging behind real times reflecting present conditions. Just wondering when it will end. My sales guy said he has reliable standing orders for two more if they can get there hands on some more.