No customization options are available.

Strava???

Discussion in 'General R1200RS Discussions' started by roger coleman, Jan 11, 2018.

1. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

apropos to nothing, does anybody have any idea how Strava works. I use it to track my cycle rides, and am trying to upload my rides to a group I am in, but doent have a clue what Im doing

2. roger coleman

as you were, some guys in the states have help me sort it out, apparently you have to press a secret button hidden in one of the corners, the turn round three times anti clockwise, then save it, then you can share it. dont you just love software developers, tossers.

3. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

4. roger coleman

thanks for trying Grumpy, you know as well as I that support desks are manned by people that grew up with the software and helped develop it, they are not going to explain it in any way a 70 year old could possibly understand. I might get my 10 year old grandchild to call them maybe that might work.

Leon.P., ray2 and Grumpy Goat like this.
  5. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Great app. I also use it for tracking my cycling. It's generally really easy to use - just press the record bottom to start, pause, end or save.

I'm assuming you are running it on an iPhone. Once saved, you should be able to view your rides either on the phone or via strava web site.....along with your timings, personal bests, even view as a flyby.

Let me know what you are struggling with specifically and I'll see if I can help.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  6. roger coleman

iv e had guys from the states guiding me. my version on my android is nothing like theirs, I have no share button, no suggestion even of how to get to facebook. I kid not when i say how I had to trick it into letting me post.
    I have to edit the ride, add a photo, unlock my profile, save, and then I can see a share button, nothing else works

7. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

If you haven't got your left trouser leg rolled up at the same time it ain't gonna work.

Leon.P. and roger coleman like this.
  8. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Hi Roger,

I'll take a look on Mrs GH android phone and get back to you

ray2 likes this.
  9. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

In Android after saving a ride-
    Select FEED
    Select YOU
    Scroll to the ride you want to share.
    Do not click on it to open, click the share icon at the bottom right under the map - like a three pointed arrow.
    Select a photo or just use default map.
    Press SHARE top right and pick the Facebook icon
    Easy

Have you never updated Android or the Strava app?
    Could cause a few problems mate...