No customization options are available.

Stolen RS

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by Jezzer-hozzer, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Over the decades I know of a few riders who have had bikes stolen. The have been HD, sport, racing and dirt bikes generally.

2. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight New Member

Was your bike parked in the row opposite the William Blake? I was due to have a meeting there the other day and was going to ride in, but the weather decided me not to (not worried about me dropping it so much as all the numpties that have been sliding around the roads like they're on a skating rink!)

What chain did you have? I've just got myself a 16mm Pragmasis with a 'pinch pin' so that the chain is in effect attached through the rear axle and swing arm of my F800ST.

https://securityforbikes.com/proddetail.php?prod=P16-x.x-SS65

Now I just need to lose 8kgs of lard to compensate for the additional weight I'm carrying on the bike!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  3. Jezzer-hozzer

Jezzer-hozzer New Member

My bike was parked on Tabernacle Street, a bit of a shady back street and not as busy as opposite the William Blake.
    I now park in Finsbury Sq as there are more people around and security cameras. I had a big old Oxford lock on the rear wheel anchored to t a post, but not much to stop a professional I guess.
    I've got an Abus disc lock and rear chain along with a tracker on my new bike, so far no problems (apart from the snow), fingers crossed.