No customization options are available.

Still looking for a set of panniers

Discussion in 'Members Classifieds' started by Jasper, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

Hi all,

still looking for a set of panniers for my bike, if anyone knows of any going please let me know. I live in Scotland but would be willing to travel within reason to get some.
    Cheers
    Jasper

2. BH12

BH12 Member

Hi Jasper ,
    See post from S1000 . He is going to be selling panniers.

3. boxter

boxter Active Member

Yes , the post is titled various

Ged

4. PaulB_UK

PaulB_UK Member

Not sure if you'd be interested, but the bike I just bought was fitted with SW Motech panniers (and mounting bars). I ordered hard panniers when I bought the bike, so have the SW Motech kit sat here doing nothing.

s-l400.jpg

Currently selling for £258.50 http://www.windingroads.co.uk/shop/product.php/1261/bmw-motorcycle-panniers-r1200r

I'd be happy with £125.

Cheers

Paul B.

5. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

Thanks for the offer Paul, but I want the BMW Panniers. I already have a set of Givi EA101B soft luggage which I will probably be selling if I can find a set of OE panniers for sale at a reasonable price.

PaulB_UK likes this.
  6. PaulB_UK

PaulB_UK Member

No worries, Jasper.
    As a new member I was perusing the "Marketplace" section looking for rules/guidelines in order to post an advert for the SW Motech panniers, when I spotted your post.
    I hope you get some BMW hard panniers. (My wallet is still bleeding from the pair I bought...)

Cheers

Paul B.

7. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

Were the ones you bought the ones codeable to your main bike key Paul, if it's not too cheeky a question what did you pay for them, did you get any discount ??

8. PaulB_UK

PaulB_UK Member

Yes, they're coded to the main bike key, and not cheeky at all. I still have the invoice to hand.
    Panniers: £254.97 each. Pannier fixings: £17.34 each. Codeable lock cylinder: £34.68 (guessing per pair?). Accessory fit: £28.00 (labour?)
    Discount? Not a chance!:D
    Cheers
    Paul B.

9. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

Thanks Paul, saw this as best price I could find new https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/bmw-motorcycle-pannier-set-touring-r1200rs-k54-codeable.html
    Think you got a better deal comparing the figures.
    I have the mounting system already on the bike so would just need the panniers and code-able lock cylinders. Think I will have to have a chat with my local dealer, as second hand prices I have seen so far are not that far below the new price and I would have to buy code-able lock cylinders to fit to them anyway !! Glad to see you also chose the classy Granite Grey bike.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
    Andy0203 and PaulB_UK like this.
  10. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

The locks on the used bags can be coded to your key.

Jasper likes this.
  11. Andy0203

Andy0203 Member

Have a look at the shad luggage as I bought expandable top box and hard panniers including fitting kit for £734 half the price of BMW and I think much better

12. LVGS

LVGS New Member

Jasper, it would be worth mentioning that bags from the S1000XR will fit the RS. I bought a set used off eBay when I was planning to buy an XR and now use them for longer trips/touring on my RS.

Jasper likes this.
  13. Jezzer-hozzer

Jezzer-hozzer New Member

Hi Jasper, I have a set of BMW panniers going. Had my RS stolen recently and the insurance paid out for a new set that was coded to my new bike. I've only got the plastic emergency key for them as the keyless had to go to the insurance company. I'm in St Albans, which is a long way from Scotland, interested?
    Jerry

14. Neil Rathbone

Neil Rathbone New Member

I bought a second hand top box, unlocked, but no key. looked on YouTube how to remove the lock to re code it. Found 2 videos, one using a paper clip ( which I was to find out does not work on newer locks ) The other looked much harder. Spent a while making a tool to release the lock, trying it, modifying it, trying it. Eventually did it. I'm fairly convinced you could remove the lock to recode it by watching the video and using my manufactured tool. If you buy the boxes let me know and I can send you the tool or depending where you are possibly meet up. Message me. I like a challenge

Jasper likes this.
  15. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Hi Jezzer, are your panniers still for sale and f so how much? Im near Watford so can easily pick them up! Thanks Leslie

16. Jezzer-hozzer

Jezzer-hozzer New Member

Hi Leslie, yes they are. £400 ono. They're 6 months old and only been used a handful of times.

17. Leslie

Leslie New Member

Thanks for that Jezzer but it's still a bit rich for me. I was looking at paying about £200! Which is probably unrealistic but I would rarely use them. Thanks anyway . Les

18. harleybear

harleybear Member

Hi ya, can I see a picture of the panniers please?
    Dave

19. Jezzer-hozzer

Jezzer-hozzer New Member

here you go Dave...

Attached Files:

20. harleybear

harleybear Member

Thank you, so all I'd need to do is get new locks fitted to match my bike?
    I'll have a think and come back to you shortly.
    Thanks for the pics.
    Regards David