No customization options are available.

Speed Cameras

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by vat, Nov 4, 2017.

1. PaulB_UK

PaulB_UK Member

They've also made an appearance on both the M1 (junctions 12 to 6 ish) and around the M25.
    Tiny little things mounted at the "hard shoulder" end of the gantry, sometimes over the embankment, and they cover all the lanes.
    They may be painted yellow, but they're a bugger to spot.

Cheers

Paul B.

2. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

I've noticed there seem to be way more accidents on the M25 since these things made an appearance. Almost every single day, there are reports in my local online news site reporting accidents. I can only assume that the increase is due to people accelerating up to 80 or so between gantries and then slamming on their brakes when they see the little yellow boxes.
    Just a theory, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if these cameras are at least partially responsible.

PaulB_UK likes this.
  3. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

Or perhaps drivers are being distracted looking for the locations of the cameras, or being surprised when they see them. Sort of like coming around a blind corner and seeing a cop standing by the side of the road aiming a radar gun at you. Panic (and then crashing) time. :eek:

Scorch likes this.
  4. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly.
    I've seen it happen .

5. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

the other aspect that's been pushed, is the order for all vehicles to return to the inside lane at all times, obviously to avoid lane hoggers, but from what Ive witnessed, the lane hoggers still seen to be there, but we now have vehicles weaving in and out around them, needlessly changing lanes for no apparent reason.

6. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

I stay on the inside at the NSL 70mph and undertake. Petfectly legal.
    Circular driving (around these idiots) just makes you look like a dick, they dont change.
    I counted 32 times on the M5 in a row on Sunday then gave up and ignored the rest.
    Just did 800miles plus to Thurso today - less idiots but more cameras up here

7. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

On a drive back from Leeds at the weekend I witnessed one of these lane hoggers sit in the right hand lane of the M1 for around 30 miles (in a Range Rover Sport), often with no traffic in L1 and L2. Utter arsehole.

Graham Lewis and Andy Griffiths like this.
  8. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

We have them too, but ours stick to the left side of the highway. ;) Interestingly, news reports say that lately most drivers who are complaining report that the latest fast lane road boulders are Nissan Leaf electric vehicles and Prius hybrid owners. o_O They are allowed in the HOV and toll lanes for free (located where the "fast" lane used to be) and are just trying to drive slowly so as to extend their battery range enough to get home.

Bill the Cat and Scorch like this.
  9. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

"Road Boulders" - excellent!

10. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

Lethal force should be permitted against wank-puffins who do that! :mad:

Richard230 and Graham Lewis like this.