No customization options are available.

Soft Bag GroB 3

Discussion in 'Canadian Riders' started by Bazza Beemer, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

So finally back to the semi frozen north after 3 awesome months in the southern USA. I bought my Xmas present and only got to see it myself two days back. My new BMW Soft Bag GroB 3. Ordered it through my Calgary dealer so they are available locally in North America. I paid $297cdn all taxes in. Is simple to mount and has a pocket that captures the tail end of the stock top box mount then straps hold it forward. I use another set of straps to hold the back end forward for safety. All in all a great addition. I can't remember if it is 50 or 60 liter capacity but it does zip out to expand at the ends. Has carry shoulder strap, fold away carry handles and 3 pairs of mounting straps. Stiff back for pillion backrest. Will update once we utilize it.

Attached Files:

2. jlduck

jlduck Well-Known Member

That looks pretty good, Bazza! A nice alternative to the standard top box (which, for irrational reasons, I detest...)for the occasional tour extra luggage capacity necessity kinda stuff! Please let us know how it works two up and that it doesn't flop around and.. and... waterproofness and stuff...

3. Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

I have the smaller, 30/35 litre version. It does intrude somewhat on my pillions space but is acceptable for short two up trips. As far as I can see it is very waterproof in the main section and is rated as 'water-resistant' in the side pockets. DSCN0008.jpg

4. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

The bag is similar in concept and capacity to my Andy Strapz bag that I have used for sleeping bags and other such larger items that are more difficult to stow in the panniers or the top box. This is the first time I have had a top box, and its convenience, security (so far) and the easy of use of the inner bag is a great plus on a day to day basis. I leave the panniers off unless I need them due to their increase in width of the RS in heavy traffic. All in all, I think the BMW "luggage kit" is worth the cost. Seeing that this thread is for the Canadians, I could also add that the hard luggage is snow proof!

Jim Evans likes this.
  5. Brian63

Brian63 Active Member

Yes they are good bags I would recomend one unfortunately my wife can't get on with it prefers the added security of the top box so mine is now on ebay in the uk

Brian

6. Bazza Beemer

Yes! I forgot to add that it has a waterproof liner that one simply wraps up and buckles to close. Also the sides seem stiff. The bottom is almost a hard rubber pan along with the side that the pillion sits against.

7. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

a
    A top box really is the sensible way to go, but they don't look great. Its good to be able to stick your hat and gloves in there and feel confident (or at least fairly confident) they'll still be there when you get back. Handy if you go shopping. I may yet get one.

8. Bazza Beemer

Had the bag on whilst riding yesterday as I needed to carry some gear I bought back to home. Son was following and he said the bag never even moved or flopped around. Haven't tried it in triple digit speeds yet but I will assume it will be fine. I believe the liner supplied will waterproof it but no rain yet to try it. I think it will fit my bill.