No customization options are available.

Show Us Your Current/Past Rides...

Discussion in 'Readers Rides' started by Rocky R, May 6, 2015.

1. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

[​IMG]
    This is my GSXR 1000 I recently sold. Great bike but makes me do things maybe a little less than responsible. Lol!
    [​IMG]
    This is my Moto Guzzi 1200 Sport. Great bike. I have hard bags and a 2 up Corbin seat for long hauls too.

RNINETRAT likes this.
  2. Eric van der Valk

Eric van der Valk Active Member

Sorry for the big pictures..
    I started my bike career with a Yamaha Thundercat:
    [​IMG]
    After 3 years this lovely 2005 R6 was there (since march 2008).. damn fine machine,:
    [​IMG]

And now I have the F800GT since march 2014, full options:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

but can't wait to pick up the RS...
    [​IMG]

Vlady, mark g, Tassy RS and 8 others like this.
  3. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

Here are a couple of my racers. The first one is the Trackmaster Triumph TT bike I raced when I was a Class C Junior before going to an XR750 to be competitive on the miles. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This is my current racer, the Top 1 Ack Attack.[​IMG]

4. Jan van der Meij

Jan van der Meij Member

I had a Guzzi 1200 sport ABS for two and a half years. Great bike to ride, but had lot's of troubles with it. That's why a replaced it by a BMW F80oS in 2010. Really liked the F800S but crashed it in August :( Now waiting for my RS :)
    Other bikes I owned: Suzuki SV1000S (2003-2007), Suzuki SV650S (2000-2003), Honda CB450S, Suzuki GS550E and Honda CB72.

Aussie Import likes this.
  5. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

I had a few early on glitches, but have made some mods and love the bike. Went to a Mistral exhaust, K&N and Booster Plug, which really woke the bike up and creates an amazing sound. (my favorite part). I also added ceramic wheel bearings and some electrical gizmo that cured battery charge issues early on. Still, the RS is going to be a welcome improvement...

6. Jeff Ritter

Jeff Ritter Member

My k1100rs has been a trusty bike for about four years. It has 55K on it and will likely go many more with a new owner. Has some dings and scratches, but goes like the wind. My R1200Rs will be both my first R bike and my first new bike ever!

Attached Files:

Tassy RS and Rocky R like this.
  7. MRM

MRM Active Member

I'll stick to BMW's for now, the first being my 2006 GS which my wife liked better than I did (she liked the topcase to lean against). And second is my beloved R1100 Boxer Cup Prep, which the R1200RS will be the modern version of (the R1200ST was just too damn ugly for my taste)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wildoat, ray2, Slipstream and 3 others like this.
  8. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

Click on the thumbnails to see the full size pic.
    My very first bike (that I owned) was a 1982 Honda FT500 Ascot, this one isn't mine, but mine did look just like it.
    upload_2015-6-2_13-27-30.png
    If I remember right, this bike only had one cylinder, and 5 gears, top speed (of my example) was around 65MPH.
    It was a weak bike, but good transportation for a college freshman.

I had ridden little dirtbikes (that belonged to friends) a lot before that, but only on trails and fields.

My next bike was a Kawasaki ZL750 Eliminator (Image from Google Search)
    upload_2015-6-2_13-30-26.png
    What a ROCKET. It was so much fun.

I had a 1999 Kawasaki Concours (1000) (Image from Google Search)
    upload_2015-6-2_13-34-23.png

And a Honda GoldWing (Image from Google Search)
    upload_2015-6-2_13-36-16.png
    In 2012-2013, I tried dirt bike riding. Had a Yamaha WR250R. Major fun, but I found out that unless you stay in shape it is too much work.
    I tore 3 ligaments in my left knee and sold that dirt bike.
    upload_2015-6-2_12-33-45.png
    My wife currently has a 2005 BMW F650CS (Scarver), great little bike.
    upload_2015-6-2_12-34-57.png
    In the picture you might be curious about the metal crash bars. Those are galvanized steel gas pipes that I bolted onto a standard engine guard.
    My wife is small, and in sloped parking lots it is very hard for her to always keep the bike upright, so those pipes just cushion any falls.
    They work great, and only cost a few dollars to replace when needed.

My wife used to have a Honda SilverWing scooter, but it was too wide for her to touch the ground with anything but her toes.
    upload_2015-6-2_12-38-52.png
    My current bike is a 2006 BMW R1200RT. I plan on selling this when I get my R1200RS (THIS FRIDAY!!!)
    upload_2015-6-2_12-47-30.png
    When I go on long trips, I have a big box that I bolt on the back to carry tent, sleeping bag, etc. I keep the light stuff in the back.
    People always ask me about the weight and I mention that it is less than riding with a passenger.
    I ridden this bike up and down the Rocky Mountains and all over the US East Coast and Gulf Coast.
    upload_2015-6-2_12-57-46.png
    I also have a red Kawasaki Versys, I don't have a picture of mine, but here is a stock one:
    upload_2015-6-2_13-24-39.png
    This little 650cc twin is SO MUCH FUN. But, it has high-frequency vibes at 75MPH+, so riding on the highway for long periods of time gets old.
    It also doesn't have much power over 50MPH. But, it is very "flickable" and a blast to ride around town.
    I just *might* keep it the little Versys.

My next bike will be a 2016 BMW R1200RS.

Tazz45 and Eric van der Valk like this.
  9. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

I like your black F800GT

I almost bought one of the F800GT's to replace my R1200RS. Glad I waited, or I wouldn't have the funding for the new bike.

10. Eric van der Valk

Eric van der Valk Active Member

Thx! I like the GT for the looks, and handling but the less power and more weight relative to the R6 is too much.. but I wanted a nice looking sports/touring machine with a good baggage system (if I can call it that way) So I think the RS is the right mix between power, handling, baggage systems and the looks! We have planned a trip to ierland for 3 weeks so than the RS will have to do it outstanding or it will be sold... just kidding :p

11. MRM

MRM Active Member

Cool Scarver! Definitely one of the most interesting BMW's out there. At one time my wife was considering riding (has since changed her mind), but when she wanted to ride, the Scarver was the bike she wanted. Very unique indeed.

12. JHero

JHero Active Member

I returned to Biking in 2003 with a 1989 Kawasaki Z1000
    2003 ZX10a.jpeg
    The Z1000 was great in a straight line but did not corner very well.
    2004 Changed to a 1998 Kawasaki Z600
    2004 zzr600a.jpeg
    The Z600 was a great little bike but I wanted more power.
    2007 Changed to a 2007 CBF1000 A7
    2007 CBF1000a.JPG
    Went to the IOM TT in 2008 and wanted a Sportier bike to go round the TT Circuit
    2008 got a 2007 GSXR750 K7 to sit alongside the CBF1000
    2008 GSXR750 K7a.JPG
    2010 went to the IOM Manx GP with the GSXR and enjoyed some sporty riding round the TT Circuit.
    2015 Planning to sell both the CBF and GSXR to get
    2016 BMW R1200RS Sport SE in August 2015
    2015 BMW R1200RSa.jpg

MRM likes this.
  13. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

[​IMG]
    This is an image transparency of our streamliner so you can see what makes it tick. Its powered by two Suzuki Hayabusa engines using a Garrett turbo with max of 35lbs boost.

Marek, wildoat, TonUp and 3 others like this.
  14. Rick P

Rick P New Member

My last two bikes:

Honda VFR800 2002 (first generation VTEC...):
    IMG_0308.JPG

Yamaha YZF-R1 (2002):
    IMG_0469.JPG

Loved them both but then discovered road cycling (mid-life crisis) which I've done exclusively for the last 9 years. But motorbikes seem to have bubbled up in my bloodstream again so I'm looking to get an RS next year (2016) - my second mid-life crisis I'm told.

15. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

Cool! Is it acceptable to have two mid-life crisis moments now?

wildoat likes this.
  16. Rick P

Rick P New Member

Hi Ben

I hope two of them are acceptable - the other half hasn't left (yet!). I'm looking forward to the third actually - soft-top sports car I guess... (only usable top down for 5 days a year in the UK though).

17. Ben Russo

Ben Russo Active Member

I dunno Rick, I've driven in the UK a few times and seen folks with a tonneau cover (?) on their convertible with a little hole cutout for the driver, and there they sit wearing gloves and goggles, in the drizzling rain. Living in denial, with a smile.

Scorch, Jim Evans and Rick P like this.
  18. Rick P

Rick P New Member

You're right Ben - we have the odd truly dedicated soul! I imagine I won't be one (at least not deliberately...)

19. MRM

MRM Active Member

Tough part about cycling and motorcycling is if the weather is good for one, it's good for both! That means decisions, decisions, decisions :rolleyes::D:confused::):rolleyes:

Scorch and Rman like this.
  20. Rick P

Rick P New Member

If you ever watch the grand tours you occasionally see the riders going up such steep and narrow climbs that the team cars (with all the bikes on them) can't follow - so they send a motorbike with the pillion carrying a spare bike! Wonder if there will ever be a BMW attachment for road bikes - they don't weight much...! Then you could combine both?

Sorry - well off-topic now!