No customization options are available.

Searching for the perfect bike - Ducati Super Sport vs. R1200RS

Discussion in 'R1200RS Versus The Competition' started by Roy Wirthlin, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

One of the deal-breakers when I rode an Aprilia Caponord couple of years ago before I bought the RS. I was not at all impressed by the copious amounts of heat on the back of both calves/thighs. I was not going to put up with that on any bike and that was that. I have enough Texas heat to worry about.

Last likes this.
  2. Last

Last Active Member

About four thousand miles in... no motorcycle, any year, any price I'd rather have spent them on.

I'm safer, more confident, more willing to ride more, ride further, ride better, ride everywhere... than any bike I've considered.

Jim Evans, To and Fro and Grumpy Goat like this.
  3. Brimstone Mahone

Brimstone Mahone Well-Known Member

The RS is the best bike I have ever owned! Certainly an SS Ducati (I have owned/tracked 3 of them) will out-hustle it in the twisties IF the rider has the chops to take advantage of the capability - most of us don't though we like to claim we do. But overall, as a bike you can do almost anything with, the RS is the better weapon. That being said, my wife LOVES her '15 Ducati Diavel Carbon and, after we switched bikes for a while in the Texas Hill Country twisties a few months ago, in 5 miles she wanted her Ducati back...and I wanted my RS back! ;)

Martien likes this.
  4. Mans Ulvestahl

Mans Ulvestahl Member

Three months of ownership and 8650 km later - best bike ever.
    It handles everything.
    No problem.
    No pain.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    Jim Evans and Last like this.