No customization options are available.

Saw a Blue RS on Long Island today.

Discussion in 'USA Northeast Riders' started by edward barkan, Feb 10, 2018.

1. edward barkan

edward barkan Member

Today (Saturday Feb 10) at around 1:30 PM, I was riding my blue and white RS on Mill Road in Manorville, Long Island, NY. I saw another blue RS going the other way. That was the very first RS, of any color, I've ever seen on the road aside from my own. Was that anybody from this forum?

RonkoRider likes this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

Probably Scorch:)

3. edward barkan

edward barkan Member

I think he's too far away, unless he rode across the Atlantic.

4. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

He's like poverty....... Everywhere.

Leon.P. and Stick Rockwell like this.
  5. edward barkan

edward barkan Member

I thought that perhaps you meant he was so fast on his blue RS that he was able to skim across the ocean on it.

Leon.P., Bravo and Lee like this.
  6. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Yeah they are few and far between. My son's friend is waiting to buy mine one day as he wants it so bad he can taste it. And he is about 36 year old so they do appeal to the younger demographic. I just think they are so horribly expensive that a lot of the people who would love to purchase simply cannot afford it.

7. RJC_BMW

RJC_BMW Active Member

I ride an RS and that route is my backyard, except my RS is the faster Granite/Black color, so it wasn't me.

8. TPadden

TPadden Member

I don't buy that anymore; all the other manufacturers, other than perhaps Hyosung, have done their best to catch up :D.

My sons have no problem buying Ducatis and Yamaha R1's that are similarly priced.

Tom

RonkoRider likes this.
  9. edward barkan

edward barkan Member

RJC_BMW, interesting to hear that you're on Long Island too. As I said, I've never seen another RS here.
    Mill Rd. is one of the few twisty roads on LI, so I go there pretty frequently. Hope to see you there some day.
    Incidentally, I was watching the winter Olympics today and heard that the Norwegian (I think) speed skating team has switched to blue skinsuits becaise they claim blue is faster than other colors! I'm not making that up.
    Ed

Lee, Bravo and RJC_BMW like this.
  10. LQB1

LQB1 Member

Well, that's because grey suits have been banned by the IOC as providing unfair advantage....

11. RonkoRider

RonkoRider New Member

Hi Guys,

That was me! I finally got my bike out for a test spin after having a bunch of electronic doodads, bar risers and tires installed! After 9k mile, the stockers we’re toast! Two 3k mile trips and a track day- I think i squeezed very mile out of the Metzlers. I went with the Conti Road Attack 3s this time.

It was funny to see you zipping the opposite direction! It was like looking at a mirror! Lol!!!!

If you want, the LIBMW Riders group has their month b’fast meeting this Sunday at 830 am at the Paradise Diner in Hauppauge. Come on by! All are welcome!

RJC_BMW likes this.
  12. edward barkan

edward barkan Member

RonkoRider, Nice to meet you. I did a double take when I realized the bike going the other way was another blue RS. I would love to meet you at the Paradise Diner in Hauppage, but I'm away this Sunday. I'll make it a point to make it to one of the future LIBMW meetings. Several years ago I did meet up with them a few times, been meaning to do that again. Looking forward to seeing you.
    Ed

: Long Island