No customization options are available.

RS Ownership – a summary

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Reviews' started by Spiky, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Pp
    Put the dash into tour mode and you get a big digital speedo. Not an issue.

2. Daniel

Daniel Active Member

This bike is brilliant in the rain and the fairing works beyond superbly. I've been riding it in what has amounted to be one of the wetter winters here in recent history, and on the freeway at speed I almost stay dry in a light rain, and the chassis and tires handle exceptionally well on the wettest of roads. The RS continues to float my boat, the more I ride the more it does and the better and smoother the engine is becoming at just 8000 miles.

3. Nomad5326

Nomad5326 Member Contributor

Fxxk, just got on here and read your first and LAST post. Excellent, No-Shite reviews and I miss real humor being in the US and in Californication as it's a lost art. Cheers mate from a new owner.

Interceptor and Jim Evans like this.
  4. Chief Crazy Horse

Chief Crazy Horse New Member

New owner but reading your comments on the stealership misgivings i cant help but think of my experiences with the buell dealership i bought my bike from. who just happens to be a bmw dealership. That was a long time ago and they have changed hands. but i always laugh when people say how expensive services are or complain of a clunk in the gearbox. 17 years ago i was getting chaeged $400 for a minor service and $800 for a major. And service intervals were every 4000km. will see how i fair with bmw

5. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

I find it sad but also entertaining that you guys get ripped off so badly that you complain about service costs.

The BMW has been cheaper to run than both my Triumph and my Buell.

6. Chief Crazy Horse

Its the australian way im afraid. if you cant fix it yourself you pay for it. if you do fix it yourself they try to penalise you for it. bugger em. i dont trust em to tuch my buell. the bmw costs seem resonable so ill let them do it for the most part. but i will mark the oil filter and air filters before they service them and note the oil level and color. im not saying there all roges and theves but... well!

7. Spiky

Spiky Well-Known Member

Might also be an idea to check critical bolts (the belly pan fell off my GS after the dealer had 'serviced' it and changed the oil); check the validity of what they tell you (for example: "that update has not yet been released by BMW" means, "we have forgotten/couldn't be arsed to do it, so we'll probably get around to it next time you're in"); and double and triple check all parts availability (such as: "those parts are still on back-order with BMW" - after 2 months - actually means, "they are on a shelf out back with your name written on them in large capitals, but we've really got better things to do than go out there and actually fucking check").

Oh, and "this should take no longer than 30 minutes", translates as "take a seat mate: we're going to be pissing around with this bastard for the next hour and a half".

Scorch, RS i Mc, Bravo and 2 others like this.
  8. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Spiky, Christ, that's like seeing ghost - thought you'd left :)

9. Chief Crazy Horse

Ill take those pointers into account. So cheers.