No customization options are available.

RS Gathering in the Ozarks

Discussion in 'USA Southeast Riders' started by Bug Dr., Jul 3, 2017.

1. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

I have to cancel this gathering (at least my attendance.....others can gather without me by all means). My son had one of his doctor appointments changed. Unfortunately, we are at the beckon call of the doctors and have no say when we see them.

I will try to see everyone in Eureka Springs next year. Sorry I had to bail on my own event......that's how it works sometimes.
    Mike

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    ray2 likes this.
  2. ray2

ray2 Well-Known Member Contributor

I'll be there.
    I note the conflict with Yom Kippur - a problem for my wife, but not me.
    No dates are perfect.

Bug Dr. likes this.
  3. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

Great news. Look forward to meeting/riding with you.
    Mike

4. Slipstream

Slipstream Active Member Contributor

Dagnabbit, I've got all of August off. This would have been perfect. I'll still try to make it, though. Sounds like a great time--kudos for organizing this!

5. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

August in Arkansas can be quite uncomfortable. I wanted to have this late enough that it should be cool but not cold and hopefully dry. Hope you can make it.
    Mike

Slipstream and ray2 like this.
  6. ray2

Happened to notice - you have this on the Southeast riders forum. You might also flash it to Midwest and other regional sites.

7. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

Well, since it is in the Southeast I thought it appropriate to list it there. If there was an Events subforum that would be even more appropriate. I didn't want to cloud up other regional forums for an event that wasn't in that region.
    Mike

Slipstream likes this.
  8. ray2

Huh. You're right. I'm close, but in a different region....

(The spring ride-in to Eureka Springs was hosted on the Midwest site, but postings were made for other regions as well.)

9. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I never thought of Arkansas as a southeast state, but when looking at maps, several show Arkansas as southeast.
    [​IMG]

Slipstream likes this.
  10. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I thought the dividing line between the South and the South West was the Mississippi.
    Does the map define the "South East" by reference to the Civil War? Were Arkansas and Louisiana part of the Confederate states? If that is the case the map is more political than geographic.

ray2 likes this.
  11. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

If you look on the map there is a fairly straight line on the west side of MN, IA, MO, AR and LA that defines the geographic area known as the "west". Arkansas, even though it is west of the Mississippi river hasn't been considered a western state since Oklahoma was strictly an Indian territory. Ft. Smith, AR is still considered a "border town".

Any reference to geographical regions such as west, southwest, southeast etc.. is purely arbitrary. States within regions move according to the reference in which they are categorized i.e. political, socio-economic, historical, etc....

Yes, AR and LA were Confederate states during the Civil War as was the southern part of MO (for the most part).
    Mike

Aussie Import likes this.
  12. ray2

The Phillips want to know the name of the group, if any, so they can put everyone in the same block of rooms.

13. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

I will call. I put in on the comment section but I guess they didn't see it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Edit: Debbie had the info I gave her but haven't had time to update her calendar on their website. If staying in a room I'd ask for one around back on the ground floor. That way you can park your bike in front of your room under the walkway of the upper floors. I think the room numbers are 102-110.

The event name will be "BMW RS in the Ozarks"
    Mike

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    ray2 likes this.
  14. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Picture of the back.
    IMG_0009.jpg

Picture of front.
    IMG_0010.jpg

15. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

Actually Lee, I had those switched. I call the back the area by the fire pit in the second photo. Guess it might actually be the front but it feels like the back to me. Thanks for the photos though.
    Mike

16. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I don't remember parking in front of the rooms on the office side. I'm guessing that area changed after they removed the pool?

17. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

You can ride around the building and park right in front of your rooms on the pool side (what I call the back side). Pool is a loose term since the actual swimming pool has been filled in with dirt. The pool is where the fire pit is now. If you want to swim you gotta go down to the river :)
    Mike

18. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

This gathering is still a few weeks out. Hoping some can make it down for some riding and relaxing.

I stayed at the Hub last Thursday and Friday nights and was able to camp due to the unusually cool weather we've been experiencing. They have some rooms blocked for us just in case. Camping is $10/night and they have shower facilities for campers to use.

Hope some can make it. I don't know if the April event in Eureka Springs is going to be an annual thing there. Not sure I want to compete with another event in Arkansas and don't want to step on anyone's toes. We will see if that event moves to a new location next year. If so, I will keep this one.

I look forward to meeting and riding with whomever shows up :)
    Mike

19. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm planning for the Arkansas RS Owners Ride-In to be annual event held in Eureka Springs at the same location as last year and likely the first week in May going forward. I'll be posting the details in mid October once my traveling slows. Holding another event does not compete with this planned annual event and if it did riders would just have to make a choice.

Darrell

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  20. ray2

Right - one can't get enough time on roads in the Ozarks.

Lee, Grumpy Goat and darrell like this.