No customization options are available.

RS after 1 year and 16000km

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Reviews' started by Joakim Chmelnik, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Joakim Chmelnik

Joakim Chmelnik New Member

Hi,
    I have had my RS since June 2016. It has now gone 16000km. A wonderful driving machine, fun, sporty, top brakes and suspension.

In the beginning, I got back pain, so I mounted the bars raiser, it turned out good. This year when I took it out after the winter and started driving, I got back pain again, especially when driving longer stretches. Considered changing motorcycles to RT.
    RT It's a nice motorcycle, great comfort, easy to drive but not as sporty and fun as the RS. Also tested a GS. A good all-round motorcycle, not the best on anything but good at all. Sportier than RT, but does not have the same feeling in driving as RS.

I started wondered how I would do. I want to continue driving motorcycle. I removed bar riser. Took a long trip, highway, small roads, drove fast and slowly. To my surprise, I did not feel bad at all in my back. So I will keep my beautiful gray and black RS. She will get a new Slip-On as a gift:)

ray2, boxerboy, DABs and 4 others like this.
  2. James Bagley

James Bagley Well-Known Member

I love a story with a happy ending. That's an impressive amount of riding for only one year. Well done!

Leon.P. likes this.
  3. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Do not mention 'slip-ons' :rolleyes:, Bravo will be along in a minute with a double entendre about 'strap-ons':) ( counting on you....buddy)

RS i Mc, ray2, boxerboy and 2 others like this.
  4. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Glad you kept the RS.:):)

5. alain bruneau

alain bruneau Active Member

You got to give yourself at least a month after a long period of hibernation. The muscles in your back and arms haven't been
    used in a while. I always get pain when a take my motorcycle out in april after 5 months of inactivity. After a couple of few thousand
    kilometers, everything set back in.