No customization options are available.

Roseville Area, CA

Discussion in 'USA West Riders' started by Georryan, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Georryan

Georryan Member

New RS owner here. The blue and white model should be in my garage this week. It just needs to get to the dealership from their off-site warehouse. Can't wait! I'm probably also the youngest RS owner on the forum, I bet. I'm under 40. =)

James Kennedy likes this.
  2. Peter Burridge

Peter Burridge Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome. What does under 40 mean? I suspect one or two may be younger :)

3. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

Just a snot nosed kid, well be careful on that thing!
    Kidding aside, welcome I'm sure you will enjoy the RS as much as the rest of us despite the age difference. :rolleyes:

4. Kevin Neustadt

Kevin Neustadt Member Contributor

Welcome and congrats on a great new ride! The more I ride my RS the more I love it. For me, it's as close to a perfect bike as I can imagine. BTW, i used to live up the road from you in Loomis - was at Del Oro high school back in the 80's. Now in Los Angeles but miss that area. Enjoy your new RS!

5. Georryan

Georryan Member

I am turning 37 this year. So that's what under 40 means :).
    I actually live in Loomis. I mention roseville area because I figured it would be more recognizable. I am sure I will love the bike. I wish I had time to put a lot of touring miles on it, but we just had twins this year so I think our longer rides will be out on hold for a while. I still plan on getting some good miles on it though!

Kevin Neustadt likes this.
  6. jlsulle

jlsulle Member

I am in Vacaville and also ride the Blue (faster ) model. Enjoy the ride.

7. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

I live just up the hill in Foresthill. Great bike. See you out there...

8. Georryan

Georryan Member

Absolutely. =)

9. runnerhiker

runnerhiker Well-Known Member Contributor

Take lots of pictures, post some here. When you are as old as some of us old farts, you can post pictures of your "classic" 2016 RS.

10. TwoWheels

TwoWheels New Member

Walnut Creek with the one of the slow RS'.... Welcome!

11. Braap!

Braap! Member

Howdy Duty! Oh wait - that's probably a bit before your time (just joking) I too am new to this forum, but not as new (as yourself ) to the planet! I hail from Lancaster Ca, due South a couple 'hunnert miles or so. Also on a Lupin Blue (faster than the Gray or white/red models) beauty - and I have a feeling that you will really enjoy your bike. I have ridden the roads up around Reno/Truckee/Donner on a few different bikes (the Kids live up there) but haven't yet had the chance to take the RS up there. I plan to go up and recon a few places (Portola!) for my approaching retirement. Looking back (thru the purple haze) at 40, if this/your RS was available back then, I know without a doubt I would have loved it. For me, the age thing doesn't really present any problems, it just seems that the little red (HAY STUPID) light in the back of my mind seems to come on a bit earlier than it used to.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Georryan and UncleBob like this.
  12. Georryan

Georryan Member

HA! Yeah I am familiar with Howdy Doody even if it is before my time ;)

You made a good choice on the bike and the color!

Definitely loving the bike! It ticks all the right boxes for me. The foothills between here and Tahoe are amazing. I've even taken it on a couple track days and cornering school classes. It's a very versatile bike. It tours pretty well, it can play sporty even if it isn't a super rocket ship (plenty fast for me), and does it all in comfort and style.

UncleBob likes this.
  13. Braap!

Braap! Member

O/K then, how about Paul Winchel (?) and Jerry Mahoney? (another early kids puppet show). Thinking back a decade (give or take a bunion) ago, I really wanted a RC-51 - but had to settle for a TL-1000R. The 'zook had a great motor, but the chassis - not so much. I pretty much used it the same way I am now riding the RS, but the beemer is waay more comfortable and handles like a dream compared to the old TL. And like yourself, sure the (top end) acceleration isn't in the same class as a 1000cc sport - but for me, I love it. Just put in a quick 100 miler yesterday - called in "well" to work! Rode thru a tight little number called Spunky Canyon Road that connects to Bouquet Canyon. The delicious low and mid-range torque of the RS lets me short shift and dart from corner to corner, and made the road so much more fun than I remembered it being on the older sport bikes that I've owned - so I turned around and rode it both ways. I'm hoping to ride up thru Hwy 89 (from Truckie) north to Portola this summer - hopefully I'll have an exhaust on it by then. See Ya!

Aussie Import and UncleBob like this.