No customization options are available.

road trip!

Discussion in 'USA Northeast Riders' started by Jeff Ritter, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Jeff Ritter

Jeff Ritter Member

After my 600 mile service and getting the travel bags I am heading out on wed. from Pittsburgh to NJ, to NY, Catskills, back to Jersey and then Pittsburgh. A 4-5 day ride, visiting friends. Anyone done their first journey with the RS yet? I expect to mainly stay on secondary roads, with occasional stretches of interstate if I have to. First trip with a GPS - maybe I'll get lost less! The Delaware Water Gap, Ramapo Mountains, Hunter Mountain in NY and the stretch of Southern PA all the way back..are the main features (besides visiting my friends along the way.) Looking forward to a great ride!

RJC_BMW and Charlie7 like this.
  2. Leif the Lucky

Leif the Lucky Member

If your near Frederick Md, I can show some nice roads>

3. fireguy286

fireguy286 Member

I was just in Frederick MD on a day trip group ride Sunday! Made our way to South Mountain Creamery and came back. Was NOT a great trip sadly, picked up a huge lag bolt in the rear tire somewhere around Middletown. Nothing like plugging a tire on my first real ride...

4. SWG

SWG New Member

Just back from a 2100 mile trip from NJ to Nova Scotia and the Cabot Trail. Did it in 6 days. Stayed over night in Boston, Saint Johns, New Brunswick, Iona, Nova Scotia (2 nights), Yarmouth, NS, and Boston before returning home. Took the Ferry from Yarmouth to Portland, ME (6 hour trip), which probably cut off several hundred miles of riding. The Cabot Trail was great but plagued with construction. Probably getting the road ready for next year. The 2016 RS performed great. Only complaint is that I suffered from soreness in the upper back muscles from leaning forward. Very happy I had cruise control, which helped. Tomorrow I will install MV Motorrad bar risers, which should solve the problem. I did encounter some fog and was glad that I had Clearwater Darla lights. Highly recommended!