No customization options are available.

Riding around Portland

Discussion in 'USA West Riders' started by Hoser, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Hoser

Hoser Active Member

I have found a number of 50, 100, and 200 mile loops that have little traffic and lots of curves, all around the Portland area. There are even better routes East of the mountains. Now I just need the time to enjoy them on the new RS.

Piperman likes this.
  2. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

Hoser, wife and I live in BC and Alberta. We plan on going to 101 Hwy down the coast a bit early summer next year. I wonder if all the west coast members are interested in meeting somewhere? We will travel down via Montana, Idaho, WA then down. If so my email is barryycindy@yahoo.com

3. Hoser

Hoser Active Member

It would be a very interesting meeting to have a group of RS riders (and others of course) get together this next summer. This could be an UN Rally (Similar to the group meetings the BMWST website has) with no commercial interests, just riders sharing stories and the locals could share their favorite local roads with the visitors. A campsite with motels nearby would be a good place to start.

4. Rocky R

Rocky R Active Member

If you make it down to Ca., I'm in!

5. Bazza Beemer

So Hoser and I have broken the ice and have agreed to set up something for next June July. He sent me a fantastic website that shows a lot of runs through the hills and mountains of east Oregon. Definitely going to have a Canuck invasion next summer. Thanks Rodney

6. Bazza Beemer

Rocky, can you meet us up in OR as well. Would be nice to have a gaggle of RSs.

7. Fitzharris

Fitzharris Member

Eastern Oregon is good with me.

8. Bazza Beemer

Awesome. Will look into this come spring as we are in the Deep South right now until end of March