No customization options are available.

Ride to the Wall 2017

Discussion in 'UK Riders' started by boxerboy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm just curious whether any UK riders are planning to attend the annual Ride To The Wall event on October 7th - here's a link https://www.rttw.org/. I haven't signed up yet but most likely will do so this year, previously I seem to have been busy for this weeken and haven't yet made it. The venue (National Memorial Arboretum) is between Burton-on-Trent and Lichfield (just off the A38).

2. 10puzzler

10puzzler Member

Ride to witch wall ? :confused: :confused:

3. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

it is an amazing day been to the last 3 and is so moving. it is to pay respect to the fallen service men. Been from Drayton manor each time and there are crowds along all the roads and bridges cheering you on. I was in bloody tears before I got to the Arboretum and saw ex service men paying respect to fallen colleagues. The wall is this circular wall with all the names of the fallen service men and most sad is the spare space for the future fallen. I have "booked" in but not certain if I can get there due to personal issues. This is a special year as it is 10th anniversary. read up on RTTW website or on their Facebook page.

boxerboy likes this.
  4. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Thanks Graham, nice to read your reflections on the event, pretty sure I will go this year. The odd part is that I live only 1-2 miles from the National Memorial Arboretum so I will need to ride out and ride back to make it worthwhile. I agree that it is a moving experience to walk around the arboretum and especially to pay respects at the "wall". My wife is an artist and she displayed an art installation there in the cafeteria as a response to the terrible events of 9/11.

Graham Lewis likes this.
  5. owdgit

owdgit Member

Yep, been going since the first year.
    Wifey now comes along and we stop over in Tamworth and go from Drayton. It was rather wet last year but still busy with loads lining the route.
    First time on the RS cause I didn't have it last year.

boxerboy likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

Do you have a white lid?
    There's a BBC Midlands video circulating on Facebook showing a chap on a superfast/superlight lupin at the beginning. If it's you I want an autograph.