No customization options are available.

Repositioning the instrument controls

Discussion in 'R1200RS Tech and Performance Chat' started by m1bjr, Sep 13, 2017.

1. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

Hi, I want to rotate the right hand instrument group slightly.
    I believe they are on a plate that is keyed/screwed to the bars.
    So can I loosen the handlebar and turn the whole assembly, and then readjust the front brake position after?
    Cheers
    Steve.

2. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

That will work. I am not sure if the switches are pinned to the bars, I moved my levers, they were a tad high for me.

m1bjr likes this.
  3. m1bjr

m1bjr Member

I changed the brake lever, and its a little close to the throttle DBW casing on my 2017.
    However, after riding it, you'll never pull the brakes hard enough to contact it, and if you do your worst with both hands, the casing flexes slightly and moves away.
    I think I'll just leave it all alone.
    Thanks for the reply Phinj :)

4. Braap!

Braap! Member

I just converted my bike to a conventional handlebar setup. The hydraulics (clutch and F brake) can be rotated a bit, but the electronics & grip assemblies are pinned. You could however "elongate" the holes (1 per side) slightly, but I wouldn't go too far. I believe that I slightly elongated the throttle side hole, and then put a small chamfer on the end of the elongation to keep the unit from being able to rotate. Think safety - these are the vehicle's controls. As a side note, the throttle side electronics require the removal of a few small "Torx" (#6 & #8?) screws and it is much easier to have the screwdriver type - not the apex type - they are too short. Also be aware, there are some small delicate wires in there - take your time, be careful and take step by step pictures to help remind yourself on how it goes back together.