No customization options are available.

R1200rs panniers 2017

Discussion in 'Australasian Riders' started by Peter Ashdown-Barr, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Peter Ashdown-Barr

Peter Ashdown-Barr New Member

Hi All

I am trying to choose some panniers for my new R1200RS (usual problem BMW prices ridiculous). But most sellers refer to 2015-2016 bike. Nobody seems to refer to 2017 bike. Does anyone know if the fittings for panniers have changed since the 2016 model? Any info would be much appreciated.

2. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Changed my 2015RS (June) for a 2017RS(march) and kept my panniers and top box. All items, avg guard, plus rear hugger were moved to the new bike. No difference I could see and I doubt those parts are different, model year to model year, although the side stand does give a better lean angle on the 2017 version

3. boxter

boxter Active Member

just changed over from 2016 my Shad Panniers and frame to my 2017, exactly the same.

Ged

4. Peter Ashdown-Barr

Thanks Dave, much appreciate the info and quick reply. Am thinking I'll order the shad or givi panniers. Let me know if I can return the favour anytime

5. Peter Ashdown-Barr

Thanks Ged. Much appreciated

6. roger coleman

roger coleman Well-Known Member

you should be able to see the part numbers in the catalogue, compare them with earlier years to see if there is a change.

7. Neo

Neo New Member

They are the same, I bought mine online from the UK. Full set for both sides including inner bags and coded locks was around $800 incl shipping.