No customization options are available.

R1200 RS recall

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Forum Announcements' started by Michael, Sep 23, 2017.

1. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Those look like whitewall tyres! Never really caught on over here.

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  2. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

They are black rim stripes when not illuminated. In the night when lit up there is no rim or tire to be seen just white circles. So no whitewalls ... :)

3. oscarguitar

oscarguitar Well-Known Member

Not a fan of rim tape, but black during the day and reflective at night. Good idea I think.

4. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Since it is black on a med-dark grey rim then it is almost like it is not there, until the light hits it. That is what I was going for. I too don't particularly like rim tape since it can cheapen the look of a bike.

5. Richard230

Richard230 Well-Known Member Contributor

My friend owns a 2015 GS. He just had the reflector recall performed, although I haven't seen the results yet. He has the BMW plastic panniers and not the aluminum ones that use the mounting brackets shown in a previous post. If I can remember to do so, I will take a photo of the new reflectors tomorrow. He said that the service manager is getting a good laugh out of the recall. He also had his cast front wheel replaced as it was slowly leaking air and the cause was determined to be a porous casting. :oops: