No customization options are available.

R Nine T - Racer

Discussion in 'R1200RS Versus The Competition' started by JasonQ, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

I just hate chains , memories of supposedly fling free lube coating the rear wheel with sticky crap ...ugh!

Jim Evans likes this.
  2. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

Yes I agree, shaft drive is just lovely, take the bike out of the garage, jump on and ride, get home put it away.....brilliant and of course when touring no need to lug lube about. Having said that I had a Scott oiler on my SV 650, lubed the chain well and the back end of the bike which the dirt just stuck to! Yep shaft drive for me:)

3. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

I got smart in 1985 and never looked back.....

4. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

The Scott Oiler is a top notch product. Once the chain is fully oiled, you can turn the rate right down. More power, better life from the chain. Used it on my TRX 850.
    Belt drive is also OK.
    Shaft (with paralever) is best, at a price.

Willy likes this.
  5. Whely1970

Whely1970 New Member

It really does look good :) :) however, just like you guys, i need something more comfortable :D

6. PeTe T

PeTe T Active Member

Hi guys and girls. I'm currently on a trip (to Phillip Island for MotoGP) with 7 other bikes one of which is a K1300S. Beautiful bike but it had the seal replaced on the outside (left dide) of the drive a few weeks ago and today it leaked again all over the caliper and onto the left side of the tyre. He has left us to get help in Canberra, riding very carefully, hopefully will be fixed tomorrow. Made me realise shaft drive is not without issues. Apparently the shaft only has 150ml of oil on board. And you can't simply top it up because to get to the oil plug you have to remove the rear wheel.

7. RNINETRAT

RNINETRAT New Member

8. RNINETRAT

RNINETRAT New Member

1500 miles on my RACER and enjoying every minute of it! IMG_0644 (1280x853).jpg

9. duccrazydave

duccrazydave Member

Just about split my sides laughing at this. Gordon, just accept it as a sickness and enjoy it. I keep trying to convince myself to sell my '92, but keep riding it anyway, lol

RNINETRAT likes this.