No customization options are available.

Pre-Cut Reflective Kits for the R1200RS

Discussion in 'MotoReflective' started by EffBee, Aug 5, 2015.

1. EffBee

EffBee Keeping Cagers OFF Your Backside Vendor

I just wanted to stay in touch with everyone. Man has it been a busy summer. Business is up (fortunately), even though motorcycle sales are down. Seems like BMW's aren't being affected much. And the sales growth in our Reflective Kits shows that. The number of orders for the R1200RS and R1200R (kits #RK-28 and #RK-31, saddlebags and top case respectively) continue to rise; a testament to the popularity of these two models. Thanks to everyone here who has ordered and all of you who continue to tell your friends about www.MotoReflective.com. There are more riders than ever with our Reflective Kits on the road than ever before, and that means more riders getting where they're going, and getting home, safely. At the end of the day, that's a pretty good feeling.

boxerboy, DABs and Peter Burridge like this.
  2. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Would MotoReflective consider another product for the RS?

There have been a few threads on this forum where the side of the panniers are given a "highlight" to match the "flash" moulded into the cover. While I would prefer a "flash" in blue, I would take a red, if it had to be. To have that "flash" reflective would be a good thing too. On Oz bikes there are no rear side reflectors. I only have these because of the top box with the MotoReflective kit.

So, any chance???

3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

I'm with you Aussie Import, in a decent matching (and reflective) blue , I'd certainly be interested.

4. EffBee

Several things are in play regarding your request. The first is what you call the side of the panniers being given a "highlight." Is this something that is from the factory and specific to bikes headed down under, or is it something you would like to be able to apply to the side of your panniers?

The second thing is the issue of Blue. We work with Black, Silver and Red 3M Reflective. We don't work with Blue because that is generally the international color of Law Enforcement. We've done so in the past, in particular for Europe, only to have customers tell us the local gendarmes were upset and told them to remove it. Then the customers asked for refunds because "you should have warned us." So, we avoid it altogether.

What I might suggest is one of our RK-22 Helmet Kits. These provide four 10" strips of angled checkered flag reflective that you can run continuously, or stack them, in order to create the lateral reflectivity you're looking for. These 10" strips come angled about 8 degrees (two strips are angled left, the other two to the right) so that you can give each bag a bit of a speed look. We make these in black reflective and silver reflective (RK-22B and RK-22S respectively) both of which reflect back white. As for red (which reflects back red), if you place your order and follow it up with an email request asking us to custom cut in red 3M reflective, we can do that for you. Be sure to include your name, address and your order number in your email so that we can match it to the order and fill the order properly and accurately. We do not charge extra for a color-change custom cut.

5. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

The flash is a term I have used for the moulded crease on the lid of the panniers. It looks like a very relaxed Nike symbol.

I would like to apply a MotoReflective piece to cover and emphasise the flash in order to break up the mass and give the panniers a sleeker appearance as well as the reflective benefits.

I will think about the helmet kit, but it is not a strong preference for me.

6. Allan_MV

Allan_MV Member

I am in UK so need the red kits but in all honesty the full kit looks a little much for my tastes. So I would not apply it all.

However I did have an idea. You have mentioned and been asked about the lids of the side cases for options. Here is what I would ask:-

On pannier lids can you make side strip illumination in orange like reflectors are ? Also could you offer a white kit for the front of each side pannier as this would show the width of the bike and add to visibility of us to oncoming traffic at night.

For me an ideal "kit" would be--Red top case kit. Inner rear red kit for side cases. Side case lids with orange reflector, front of side case lids in black that turns white at night.

7. EffBee

Allan, in a perfect world we'd be able to create a custom kit for every customer and every brand and model of motorcycle, in whatever colors they desired. Unfortunately, in order to keep from having 5000 part numbers and charging $300 per kit for all of the custom design work, we have to stick within certain parameters. And those limit us pretty much to the patterns we currently have in either Black, Red or Silver reflective.

If you feel the standard kit for the R1200RS is too much, we can cut you just the lids for a slightly reduced price. But that would be about all we could handle given that the rest of our days are full of producing standard kits for dozens of customers each week. Please send us an email at MotoReflective@aol.com if just the lids would work for you and we'll walk you through the purchase process for such a kit.