No customization options are available.

Owner's review of the R1200RS - NSFW

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Reviews' started by Spiky, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Stricko

Stricko New Member

With my R1200R in BikeBiz sitting falornly waiting to be assessed after hitting a roo I thought I'd read a few reviews here to see what owners think. Spiky's was my first......
    GREAT bottom. You're a lucky man Spiky. And not a bad review either. Best Aussie review I've read.
    Repaired or written off (I hope) I'm certain a fully loaded RS will be in the garage VERY soon.

jlduck and Spiky like this.
  2. Fluke

Fluke New Member

This review is probably the first reason I have just joined this forum. I want to write like you when I grow up, Mate:)

Leon.P., UncleBob and Peter G like this.
  3. Spiky

Spiky Well-Known Member

The trick is never to actually grow up.

slowpoke, Leon.P., Caveman and 3 others like this.
  4. DABs

DABs Active Member

5. Stan

Stan Active Member

Well said!!!

6. Brutus

Brutus New Member

The bottom in my life is still out on the new perch vs the old perch on the K1300R... mutterings of limited room and slightly higher seating than the previous pedestal, however the inbuilt back rest on the top box and the addition of a screen at the front seem to be weighing in the hamster wheel that powers the bottom.

Hopefully my transition from naked K to semi faired R proves to be as fruitful as your has been...

7. Bondy

Bondy New Member

Without doubt the funniest thing I've read in ages. And true for me too, GS and all.... But substitute K1300s for s1000XR.

Shan't mention bottom.... Wife instinctively knows when I do

8. mousejockey40

mousejockey40 Active Member

ABSO-FEKIN-LOUTLEY mate , could'nt agree more. Love the rest of your review as well... :)

9. Caveman

Caveman Well-Known Member

Not to be a contrarian but there are some bikes the "bottom" would not find so amicable... take a bobber for instance :)

As I was test riding motorcycles during lunch time today, as that's what most respectable finance professionals do, I realized bikes are like women. No way one's going to satisfy me for more than a couple of months (of course I've yet to satisfy any of them for more than five seconds :)). Actually the time is relative, so perhaps units of use are a more appropriate measure... So more like, oh let's say, 25 rides... Yep, that's where I tire of both of them :) That being said I like so many darn bikes and there are different types for different days/moods that the hunger is insatiable. It's hot now, as it was 82 up here in the north east today, so It was really nice riding a naked bike- in business casual of course replete with a pocket protector. When it drops down, as it likely will, in July where it will be 35 degrees to compensate for this warm winter, I'll want the fully faired bike again. Then there's rainy days when I ride through mud and want a GS. It's fking impossible to be satisfied. Unless you can afford a stable (choose your modus operandi ;)) you just have to find the one the works for you the majority of the time and appreciate it until such time you just get really sick of it, or it catches you with its little sister, whichever comes first... The moral of this story is.... uh... let's see... what was it again... oh yeah, different flavors for different seasons just like beer. You don't drink stout on a 90 degree day at the beach and you don't drink a Shandy in the dead of winter.

F'ck me that's some profound shyte! I must have a fever or some std or something :D

10. jlduck

jlduck Well-Known Member

Trogolodite Dude: You never fail to impress me. Respectable finance professional? Is that a collection of rocks, or sea shells that you're hoarding? Oh never mind, I'm with you on the multitude of bikes on the "list"... as well as the list of... wimmens! (probably why I'm not married anymore...hmmmm....) - Pato

Leon.P. likes this.
  11. Caveman

Pato marriage was harder than astro-physics!
    And that's teeth not rocks or shells :)

jlduck likes this.
  12. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Go for it Stricko.:)

13. Caveman

I'm still trying to sort out "Spiky was my first......GREAT bottom." :eek:
    Does Mrs. Spikey know about this?!?! :D

14. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

"scrub off speed faster than Keith Richards' dry cleaner"...........damn, I am going to have to steal that one from you. That made me spit beer on the keyboard. Brilliant review!
    Mike