No customization options are available.

OK here we go - Powerbronze Adventure Sport Screen now available

Discussion in 'Powerbronze - Bodywork & Accessories' started by RichardPB, Oct 2, 2015.

1. RichardPB

RichardPB Active Member Vendor

Hi Everyone,

As promised we have developed our new Adventure Sport Screen for the R1200RS and it is now available to order.

At the moment, it is only available in Clear and Light Tint, but we are going to try out a Dark Tint as well (However, if anyone can come to our showroom during the week with their bike, we have one here to fit and photograph). This may mean that we can add colours to the options as well.

Anyway here are the photos :
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to place your order for one, use the link below to find the screen :
    http://www.powerbronze.co.uk/searchedproducts.aspx?maketext=BMW&modeltext=R1200RS&yeartext=15

The screen is £78.75. But don't forget you can still get your 10% off using the promo codes on this thread :
    http://r1200rsforums.com/threads/10-off-promotion-codes-for-our-websites.166/

If you do order one through the website using the promo codes, please fill out the how did you hear about us box with other and then put R1200RS forum in the text box that appears.

Let me know what you think.

All the best,
    Richard

2. Andy Griffiths

Andy Griffiths Well-Known Member

Intriguing - do you think this will be less noisy than the standard ?

3. RichardPB

Well we do find that our Adventure sport screens are popular and people do say that they are normally less noisy because they don't have the height to create turbulence.

4. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

This looks great! I'd definitely be interested in a dark tint version of this. What about adding a double-bubble bulge to the screen to push the air a bit higher, like on the PB screen I have on my F800ST?

JKM likes this.
  5. RichardPB

The screen is 100 mm lower than the standard screen.

Forgot to mention that in my original post.

All the best,
    Richard

Brickhead likes this.
  6. RichardPB

Hi Scorch,

Unfortunately adding a double bubble is much more difficult as we would have to make a whole new tool for this screen as we use the tooling for the standard screen to form this screen. That's why we were able to get it done so quickly.

I will let you know if we can get a dark tint to fit the bike. If someone can bring a bike to our showroom, we will be able to get it tested.

All the best,
    Richard

Scorch likes this.
  7. Boxerboy55

Boxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Where are you located?

8. RichardPB

Hi,

We are in Rustington, West Sussex. Which is a bit of a long trek from where you live :)

As it stands, we do actually have someone coming in on Wednesday morning to test fit the screen and let us photograph it on his bike.

Will update once the photos are taken.

All the best,
    Richard

Richard230 and Scorch like this.
  9. RichardPB

Hi Everyone,

I have some really good news for you. Our adventure sport screen and standard screen are now going to go live on our website in 3 mm thick material which means I can offer you 16 different COLOUR options for these 2 screens.

Oh yeah there is another product getting some extra upgrades on our website this afternoon. More details later.

All the best,
    Richard

Brickhead, Richard230 and Scorch like this.
  10. SteveB

SteveB Member

I have the screen. I think it looks good and it is slightly quieter than standard. I'd welcome a slightly lower version one (1" might be enough)..............or a flatter angle across the top (ie no rise at the top sides) - maybe that will stop all remaining buffeting (if I stand up slightly - all wind noise stops).

I think it looks better than standard - a sportier look.

Attached Files:

Mans Ulvestahl and PeTe T like this.
  11. Mans Ulvestahl

Mans Ulvestahl Member

Agree. I just bought the one above. I plan to use for everything but long distance touring.

12. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

US availability?

13. Mans Ulvestahl

Mans Ulvestahl Member

14. RichardPB

Hi,

According to our USA website (www.powerbronzeusa.com), we have 3 light tint and 3 dark tint adventure sport screens available to ship from our US warehouse.

Apologies for the delay in coming back to you, I was on vacation last week and part of this week.

All the best,
    Richard

15. Phinj

Phinj Active Member

Thank You Richard!

16. Sandro

Sandro New Member

How tall are you? What seat height do you have?

17. SteveB

SteveB Member

Hi. I'm 5ft 8" with the high 840mm sports seat. Although I'm not tall - I find the high seat more comfortable (that does put me higher into the airstream).

Cheers, Steve

18. Last

Last Active Member

Definitely looks and feels far better with this windscreen. Have it on the low position, and there's no real buffeting even when flipped up. I do get some odd head whiplash effect with a pillion, but I think that's due to the V at the top of the screen since the stock did it as well.

Do wish I could have gotten it an inch or so lower, if I relax my head my jaw can still catch some buffeting at times.
    upload_2017-6-17_0-47-34.png