No customization options are available.

Norway 2017, road to Dalen

Discussion in 'Readers Rides' started by Dave, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Shot this on a cheap £40 special offer ODRVM sports camera on Amazon. Wrapped the left mirror stem with some neoprene rubber and then used the clamp that was part of the camera kit which gave a stable view with reasonable quality.
    Try to count how few bikes, cars and motorhomes I met in 60km.

PeTe T and Bill the Cat like this.
  2. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

Sorry Andy, me neither -
    lost track each time, maybe 5 bikes and motorhomes and a few more cars.
    Dave

Andy Griffiths likes this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank. Contributor

You bloody maniac! You're riding on the wrong side of the road!:)

RS i Mc, Leon.P. and PeTe T like this.
  4. PeTe T

PeTe T Active Member

Joking aside (referring to my post in the original thread) I do appreciate these videos that give a motorcyclists view of other countries. The roads, homes, vegetation, countryside - gives us a peek at what life is like in other places. I'm especially interested in Norway and other countries where ice and snow are a way of life - certainly not something I ever have to deal with but has a major influence on some. So thanks for sharing this Dave.

5. PeTe T

PeTe T Active Member

...oh yes, that too!!! I keep dodging the oncoming traffic but I'm dodging INTO it.

Bravo likes this.
  6. Dave

Dave Well-Known Member

sorry Pete T -
    I suspect you guys missed the particularly rivetting end of video #2 where Dave pulls over on the way to Telemark and goes for a piss in the bush leaving us wondering, as we stare poignantly at the blank rear of a road sign, if he will ever return or has been taken by a lurking Viking. (Of course video #3 is itself a spoiler at this point.) The endless silence, punctuated only by an eerie breeze (or S/N hiss?) and occasional passing car, is almost unbearable suspense. And then the shock, the horror, as leather clad fingers suddenly claw across the face of the camera. Dave is back. But is he OK? Honestly it's worth sticking it out just for this bit. Oh but that's enough, I'm spoiling it for everybody. Great stuff Dave. Keep 'em coming.

Wanted to delete/edit that four minutes out but like switching the camera on/off it needed more than one press on some buttons! RTFM again! Once the screen shuts down while filming I should have 'pressed once' to wake it up and then press/use buttons to stop/start filming, ...who knew?
    At least I had a drink out of shot, not a piss, but it does confirm how little traffic there can be on many roads rather than our over populated UK.
    Not too bad for a cheap camera.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017