No customization options are available.

Nikwax on offer at Tesco & Millets (UK)

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by wessie, Nov 10, 2017.

1. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

https://www.tesco.com/direct/nikwax...oofing-2-x-1-litre/215-7604.prd?source=others

£11.25 for a litre each of the soapy stuff Tech Wash (green label) and waterproofing stuff TX Direct (purple label) - free Click & Collect from your local store.

The soap is just soap and you can get that from Wilko a lot cheaper but the TX Direct is excellent for making your Cordura (other brands of nylon are available) clothing bead water rather than absorb it. This makes the Goretex work better and means you are less likely to leave a pool of water on the floor of your favourite coffee shop.

If you don't like Tesco or don't have one nearby then Millets (and presumably sister brand Blacks) have the same 2 bottle pack at £12.50 https://www.millets.co.uk/br:nikwax/

2. dcysurfer

dcysurfer New Member

That is a bargain. Here in New Zealand the same 2 bottle pack of Nikwax Tech Wash and TX Direct is $129.00, delivered! So with the current exchange rate that would cost £67.74.

I've been using Nikwax products for years on some of my mountaineering outer garments and it definitely works as advertised.

3. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

just buy the purple one and get soap flakes (we have liquid soap flakes in the UK!) instead of the green label. Just avoid biological detergent as this damages Goretex

4. darrell

darrell Well-Known Member Contributor

That is crazy. When I come to New Zealand to ride someday I'll bring a couple of cases along and pay for a few days of the trip. In US dollars that is $89.

ray2 and dcysurfer like this.