No customization options are available.

New to own a BMW from West TN, USA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TreeMuncher, Nov 7, 2017.

1. TreeMuncher

TreeMuncher New Member

I made the mistake of trying a friend's R1200RS last month. I could not get that ride out of my head. I ride with a number of BMW owners but never really saw what appealed to me until I started looking closely at the RS. The advantages of my Super Tenere twin cylinder engine braking and more sport than tour of the ST1300 with more airflow and less heat. Carving turns reminded me of my old RD400 cafe racer. The concept was stuck in my head worse than Gorilla Glue.

As of Sunday morning, I now own a lightly used '16 R1200RS. If I'm not comfortable on it for long durations (rides over 300 miles at a sitting), it will likely replace the wife's DL650. She likes the color (woman's first priority) and the fact that she can flat foot the bike. She also knows I won't expect her to ride dirt on the RS.

I'm looking for luggage for next year's trips. A tail bag will get me through the winter for day ride essentials. I expect it to be fun.

ray2 likes this.
  2. LQB1

LQB1 New Member

Congratulations - and welcome! As a relatively new owner myself, I've found it just gets better and better the more you ride. Enjoy!:):)

3. terry847

terry847 Active Member

Welcome! You will find almost everything and anything you want to know about the RS here. Be prepared to spend a lot of time reading.

4. littleade

littleade Member

Welcome. I have my test ride booked tomorrow:eek:

5. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Welcome in!

6. Holger

Holger New Member

Hello,
    I'm sure you'll lose the RS to your wife, one more reason to buy a second one.

Greetings from Germany
    holger

7. Bug Dr.

Bug Dr. Member

Hey, I know you. Can't wait to ride with you and Tom on the RSs.
    Mike

TreeMuncher likes this.
  8. TreeMuncher

TreeMuncher New Member

Thanks, Bug. That little test ride you let me take was fun, but expensive. I think it will be a fun ride. Registered and insured as of today. Waiting for the weather to clear just a bit.

Looking forward to inviting some more newbies from the RS forum to FerrySTOC 2018. You and Tom can vouch for how much fun we have at that event.

9. Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Your avatar caught my eye. The first time I saw one of those machines was on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain cleaning up debris after Katrina.