No customization options are available.

New Schubert C4 Helmet

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by Vtbob, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a new helmet this year. The new C4 has been announced but will not be available till :spring". A couple of places will allow pre ordering, but I am reluctant with out more info and I would like to see an independent review.

Have any of you (guys in Europe especially) seen a real review of the new C4?

Also I'm assuming the sizing is the same as the C3

2. iPaul

iPaul Active Member

I've not seen ay reviews so far, but here's a link to the Motolegends site in the UK which has some comments based on their exposure to a pre-production version of the helmet:

http://www.motolegends.com/helmets/Schuberth-C4-Matt-Blue.html

Hope this helps until the first reviews start trickling in.

Cheers,

Paul

Vtbob likes this.
  3. lupo

lupo Active Member

4. Rebel13

Rebel13 Active Member

I have a C3, which I've now had for over 6 years. Best helmet that I've ever owned. Light, comfortable and quiet. The only issue I found, is that the visor locking mechanism is weak, and won't lock firmly in any up position. It's OK at low speeds but anything above 80ks (50 MPH), it constantly keeps dropping.
    It would be interesting to see, if any improvements to this have been made.
    I love my C3, but the visor issue, if not fixed would put me off getting another, as on warm days, I like riding with the visor in the up position.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    Vtbob and Scorch like this.
  5. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

I have the same issue with mine, and it drives me batty. It's also dreadful in the wet.
    I really want to love my C3, but I don't. If it weren't so expensive, I'd be shopping for a replacement already, even though I've only owned it for a year.

boxter and Vtbob like this.
  6. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

Interesting feed back on the C3. I have a Nolan 104 which has been fine but has has a lots of use, real signs of wear and needs replacement. The Shoie Multitec design is several years old. Other than the C4 there seems to be no "new" premium modular helmets coming on the market.

7. lupo

lupo Active Member

8. boxter

boxter Active Member

I know how you feel, I have had a c3 for about two years, water is a big problem, runs down into chin piece and soaks it, it filters back and soaks the neck piece, I hope the c4 has sorted the wet issues.

Ged

Vtbob and Scorch like this.
  9. Rebel13

Rebel13 Active Member

I wrote to Schuberth about the above issue and I received this reply.
    "Thank you for your e-mail and your interest in our new helmet.
    We regret that you are not more satisfied with your C3.
    To get your helmet specially the visor mechanism checked we ask you to contact your SCHUBERTH dealer.
    He will check and exchange the visor mechanism.
    For our new C4 we offer a new visor and also a new visor mechanism.
    Please do not hesitate to contact us in case of further questions.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best Regards"

Unfortunately there are no Schuberth dealers in Australia and posting it back O/S would be cost prohibitive, as my helmet is over 6 years old and needs replacing anyway.

I love my Schuberth for its comfort and quietness, so I think that I'll give the C4 a go.

For those that are interested, FC-Moto are offering a 10% disc on the C4.

BTW I've had no issues with water entering the visor, but it does fog up with the chin vent closed.

Scorch likes this.
  10. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

I'm in the same situation. I bought mine from a German site (in fact, it may have been FC-Moto). They offered to service the helmet and replace any faulty parts, but warned that it would take more than 2 weeks to get the helmet back to me, so I decided not to bother.
    I really like the look of the C4 too, though I can't understand how the intercom system can still be so expensive when most of it is already built in. I think I saw somewhere that you're looking at £750 for the complete system. Ouch!

11. Rebel13

Rebel13 Active Member

My understanding is that Schuberth have changed their intercom supplier from Scala to Sena and that the Sena should plug straight in. I think that I read that on the Revzilla Q&A, for the C4.

12. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

Bill the Cat likes this.
  13. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Active Member

I like my C3 pro, it's never given me any issues. I'm looking forward to the C4 reviews, especially those that include the comm system. One of the nice new things about it is that you can swap batteries in and out. With the C3 comm system, it has to be charged. Just one more charger for me to forget on a long trip.

14. Hugh

Hugh Member

So got my new C4 helmet a couple of days ago. Looks good, fits well but setting up Bluetooth a bit fiddly! Will get the hang of it. Like the drop down dark visor. IMG_0128.JPG

Jodie Goodall likes this.
  15. Last

Last Active Member

Any word of a C4 women's?

16. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

This helmet does look nice, and it seems to be a new version of the BMW System 6. I guess the front flips up.
    The problem I have with the BMW flip-up helmet was:
    a) It is quite heavy
    b) I could not ride with the chin piece up
    c) the padding / shell ends too close to the tops of my eyes, so my spectacles were being pressed down on my nose.
    d) with any form of forward lean, the low opening meant my neck had to be bent back to see the road.
    The other "Schuberth" / BMW helmet I have is a one piece, colour matched to my old "S". It is light and gives good room for spectacles. The 2 things against it are its colour (now) and the visor fogs badly in cold weather.
    In the old days I would not have worried about the colour, but these days, I am happy to waste a bit of money on frippery.

PaulP likes this.
  17. Scorch

Scorch Well-Known Member

The new BMW System 7 is no longer made by Schuberth, but it looks pretty awesome:
    http://bmw-motorrad-uk.blogspot.co.uk/2016/10/system-7-carbon-saftey-and-comfort.html

I'm very interested in the C4 Pro, but because of my disappointment with the C3 Pro, I may go back to BMW when the time comes to shop for a new helmet. My System 6 was a brilliant piece of kit.
    (It's pretty telling that I'm even considering a new helmet after only a year with the C3)

18. MillerStorm

MillerStorm Member

I've taken the plunge and pre-ordered a C4 with the SC1 system. I'll have it mid-June, it seems and will report back. My C3 Pro has a number of small annoyances that I'm hopeful this helmet will do away with. My C3 has some major whistling problems when I turn my head. Schuberth worked with me on it and we tried two other helmets to no avail. The Cardo-powered coms system drove me crazy. Since it can't connect to multiple devices, you have to connect it to the Nav-V and the Nav-V to your iPhone. That means no iPhone music. Or, you have to connect it only to the iPhone and forego audio nav prompts. And forget about connecting the cardo to a Mac. But what made me jump and spill the cash is the C4's built-in coms system is now power by Sena and includes noise cancelling. This means earplug-free riding. I'll have to hear it to believe it but it could be revolutionary. Additionally, there's a handlebar-mount bluetooth remote.

Bill the Cat and DABs like this.
  19. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

I suffer from the "low" fitting on the C3.....to the extent that I wear my cheapo Grexx ((Nolan budget brand) more than I do the Schuberth......crazy as the C3 is quieter and better made!

I have an eight year old Schuberth R1 full face lid which is almost perfect......apart from the fact that it doesn't flip!

20. Bill the Cat

Bill the Cat Active Member

For those who have bought the C4, please post all your experiences. I'm looking into this helmet as I like the C3 pro, but am looking for better ventilation. One quick question, does it come with a pinlock? I've heard that it comes with an anti-fog coating, but not a pinlock. As a long time pinlock user, I'm a bit concerned that the coating is not good enough or will not hold up for very long.

Cheers,

Dave