No customization options are available.

New Mexico

Discussion in 'USA Southwest Riders' started by buelligan, Jan 13, 2016.

1. buelligan

buelligan Member

Here in Albuquerque, any other riders in the area?

2. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

Did not see Albuquerque, but did see Santa Fe some 26 years ago in winter. Snow and Adobe. I really liked it. Would be a nice area for the RS.

3. OKBMW

OKBMW Active Member Contributor

A friend and I will be riding New Mexico and Utah this Spring for our annual week long bike trip. This will be my first long trip on the RS. Don't know if we will make to Albuquerque but if we do I'll let you know.

4. buelligan

buelligan Member

Lots of great roads in Northern New Mexico, Colorado, and Utah. You should have a great time.

5. OKBMW

I lived in and around the Pagosa Springs, Durango and Cortez area for four years so very familiar with most of the area and by far some of my most favorite countryside to ride bikes. I have not done much riding in New Mexico or Northern Utah so that is why we are thinking of that area. The other option is Montana of which I'm not familiar with at all.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
  6. Bazza Beemer

Bazza Beemer Well-Known Member

We are currently winterising in Casa Grande AZ in our trailer. We are allergic to snow so could come through if there is no snow as we want to try to get through Roswell then on to TX gulf coast, Galveston, Houston. Also we return to Canada via Alberquerque (jeez that was the first time I spelt that and I got it right) then Colorado, Wyoming, South Dakota then home to Calgary end of March. Send me your name and phone number and we will see what can happen. Same for you GG if you don't mind. No bike this year but I am working on a manual lift that won't add a lot of weight on the back of trailer.

7. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Casa Grande RV Resort & Cottages? We stayed there too on our way to California in 2014.

Casa Grande Aug 2014.jpg

Will send you my name and phone in a PM.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  8. OKBMW

I'm thinking our trip will be closer to May, but if around Mark I'll contact you.

9. buelligan

buelligan Member

Albuquerque, not Alberquerque ;-p

Pm sent with me info, would be a pleasure to tip a cold one with you, when you pass through.

10. NMRider

NMRider Member

There is now another RS rider in Albuquerque, NM

11. buelligan

buelligan Member

Welcome to the forum!

12. NMRider

NMRider Member

Thanks. We have ridden together before. I went on the trip last fall to Alpine, AZ. I rode the Ducati Multistrada on that trip. I traded the Multi on the RS.

13. buelligan

buelligan Member

I remember you, how do you like the RS compared to the multi?
    You missed this years ride, the Alpine ride is always the weekend before memorial day.
    Next year it will be on the 19th of May.
    We usually do a final ride of 191 sometime in October before the snow flies...

14. NMRider

NMRider Member

The Multistrada is a great bike. I thought about trading for the new version when I took the RS out. I took an immediate liking to the RS. I was so comfortable on it that I felt like I had been riding it for years. It's a great blend of a sporty bike, but with terrific comfort and functionality.

I went on the fall ride last year to Alpine. As I recall, we did not escape the snow!. I rode out to Greer, AZ today for lunch. We passed 191 and the turn to Alpine. 191 is a great ride. I can hardly wait to take the RS on it.

15. buelligan

buelligan Member

Yes, it snowed last year, but was melted off the roads by 10AM and 6 of us rode down to Morenci for lunch, and then came back via hwy180 thru Glenwood and Luna, nm.
    We possibly passed this weekend. We rode out to Flagstaff to meet someone for dinner on Friday, and rode down to CampVerde Saturday morning, then up 260 to Heber, show Low, and stopped in Alpine to spend the night at the Escudilla cabins. Continued home Sunday thru Reserve, Quemado, and up to I-40. Great ride, decent weather.
    You were close to Big Lake, that's an awesome road down 261 and then 249.