No customization options are available.

New member from North West UK

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ian Thompson, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson New Member

Hi folks
    Just a quick hello.
    I loved the RS when I first saw one at the bike show in 2015 albeit in the lupin blue colour scheme.
    Fast forward picked up a 2015 SE with 3 1/5 K last Friday what a bike even better than I imagined.
    And I got the faster granite grey!
    Only downside the sat nav mount, I've done the research and hope to make something that fits across the screen pivot points.
    Take it easy
    Ian

Vlady, Ziggy0304361, ray2 and 2 others like this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Plenty in the tank Contributor

Welcome aboard fella,the Northern types will no doubt be along to introduce themselves.
    I'm not going to be drawn on the colour issue but you're wrong:).
    Lots of useful info on here about the sat nav mount etc.
    Enjoy your new bike.

3. boxerboy

boxerboy Well-Known Member

Welcome Ian, I’m not getting into that colour debate, but Bravo’s right.
    Enjoy the bike, I agree about the satnav mount, See my post on the Hornig mount, if you make your own, this can at least help define the location. If you need any photos of that mount, let me know.

Ian Thompson and Bravo like this.
  4. slippery

slippery Active Member

welcome and enjoy the bike, if it seems really fast check its not had a re-spray, might be traces left of the colour that is only seen blurred.

5. Barbelson

Barbelson Well-Known Member

Hi Ian,
    Welcome aboard. You’ll be in good company here. The bike is awesome, and the more you ride it, the more you will love it!
    You are right about the sat nav mount. I bought a Hornig, and it only took a couple of minutes to fit. After that, just replace the handlebar bolts with four M8 x 30 Torx bolts (about £3 on ebay). Makes a lot of difference, and much safer.
    In time you will possibly buy lots of bits and bobs for your bike. FWIW, the other significant change I made was to change exhaust to an Akropovic. A bit louder, and a bit safer. Good luck!

boxerboy and Bravo like this.
  6. Keasden

Keasden Member

Hi Ian, Im from the 'sunny' NW too, nr Preston.

Got to say your initial impressions were correct, the blue is the better and faster bike :) Guess which one I have lol.

I agree totally with the Sat Nav mount being crap, I quickly changed mine for the one sold on here by Alda, very good piece of kit for £20 ish and more importantly for a techno-numpty like me, very easy to fit. Its amazing the difference a few inches can make. Guess the women have been right about that one all along!! Enjoy the bike matey.

7. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

Cumbria here, sorry you did not get the faster lupin blue colour but still a great bike. Agree about the hornig mount which works for me along with bar risers.

enjoy

8. Al D

Al D Active Member

Hi Ian
    Welcome and enjoy both bike and forum lots of useful info and some nonsense :p From West Yorkshire myself so we may bump into other you never know.

9. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson New Member

Thanks for the welcome.
    The spending had already started.
    Mudsling avant guard along with panniers purchased from cjs just had the locks RE coded free of charge at Williams Mcr and now having some Ventureshield matte on them. Any one else tried this?
    Cjs is tempting me with the akra can but the resulting divorce may stop me for the time being
    I'm looking at a sat nav mount something like the mv motorrad one I saw earlier although with a Ram mount to mount my zumo 390lm to.
    I'll post some pics when it's done.
    Has anyone tried a clip on screen extender with the or screen ?
    Got a trip to Ullapool in early May and southern France in September.

10. Al D

Al D Active Member

11. Keasden

Keasden Member

Which panniers did you go for and where is cjs? I have a shad topbox but considering what panniers to get now.

12. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson New Member

Hi mate cjs was selling some bits on the ukgser site when he sold his bike, they are the BMW ones for the rs not the biggest but if course they come in the fastest colour and match the bike there was a top box on the bike when I got it but to be honest it's not huge.
    When I was looking into it shad did some panniers that were about £350 i believe shad actually make the BMW ones.

13. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson New Member

14. Jasper

Jasper Active Member

No need for a debate Ian, you got the fastest one !!!!! Enjoy the bike irrespective of the colour it's a great bike. I just bought the BMW Panniers with inner bags as the bike came with the BMW pannier rack already fitted, so couldn't see the point of taking them off to sit in the garage and buying an alternative pannier set, and the OE stuff does match the Granite Grey well straight out of the box. Enjoy your trip up to Ullapool, the roads over on the west coast are great. Hope the weather is nice to you and the midges stay away.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  15. owdgit

owdgit Member

Welcome from Warrington.

16. Ian Thompson

Ian Thompson New Member

I'm in Leigh so not a million miles away.

17. Graham Lewis

Graham Lewis Active Member Contributor

I have read good reviews of multi x creen have bought but not yet used. May get out with it next week and will let you know.

Ian Thompson likes this.
  18. CJ The Bear

CJ The Bear Member

Welcome from near Ormskirk Ian, I thought I had the fastest colour with my first two machines (grey) but got it right with third time lucky and pur chased the Mighty Bronze! If it looks good and goes fast...
    (haters gonna hate, don’t mean there right)
    See you on the road, we all chat about meeting but rarely do, prefer torque than talk. Enjoy your bike, ride skilled.

19. owdgit

owdgit Member

Cool, I have the iconic.
    Got the satnav mount from here, mudsling, engine head guards, front engine cover and ventureshield (from Golbourne)
    More than welcome to take a look to see if it's something you are thinking of doing.

20. CJ The Bear

CJ The Bear Member

Sounds great, would love to view, which shop in Golbourne?
    Ventureshield? Is that taller?