No customization options are available.

New Member from Louisiana

Discussion in 'BMW R1200RS Forum Announcements' started by James Bagley, May 25, 2017.

1. James Bagley

James Bagley Well-Known Member

I've just signed on to this forum after picking up a leftover 2016 R1200RS. It's an extraordinary bike...especially when compared to my last BMW; a 1960 R60 (OMG...my paradigm!) I'm retired and living on a small farm in Louisiana (near New Orleans). I'm looking forward to many happy miles on my ReiseSport and with this august internet assembly. Happy highways! IMG_0767.JPG

BTW, that's not my farm. Mine has a white fence...

ray2 and slowpoke like this.
  2. slowpoke

slowpoke New Member

Hi James. Very nice. I almost pulled the trigger on the RS recently but ran across a "couldn't resist" deal on a 2015 R1200R with 3500 miles. I grew up in New Orleans and now live in Laplace. Maybe we can get together for a ride sometime. BTW I really like your RS. I have the Thunder grey metallic also. Enjoy the ride and take care.

3. Leon.P.

Leon.P. Well-Known Member

Welcome and enjoy James.:)

4. BillyPB

BillyPB Member

Welcome James,
    safe rides and all the best from Berlin, G.
    Isn't it too hot, sticky and wet to ride a bike in NO?

5. James Bagley

We've had an extraordinarily pleasant spring this year, but the sweltering heat of summer is inevitable. No worries for me...I was born to this weather. Light colored clothing and an open-faced helmet help. Just the same, our extended Spring has been very nice and our Winters are mild.

I hope to meet you sometime, Slowpoke. Laplace is my go-to location for Andouille, cracklings, and smoked sausage (I go to Wayne Jacob's). I lived in Norco back when I was a lad; my dad worked for Shell. It's been a long time, though. We moved to Jefferson Parish in 1960!

slowpoke likes this.
  6. BillyPB

BillyPB Member

Alright, I forgot your mild winters. Just remembered a visit some 15 years ago in summer, holidays in Texas and Louisiana. Hot and very humid. We have cold and icy winters instead, when we can't ride at all - at least not wimps like me :oops:

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  7. terry847

terry847 Active Member

Welcome James! Good decision on the RS, except for the color. Too bad you got the slower color. :D Let the farkeling begin!

8. James Bagley

Oddly, during my only visit to Berlin (July 2006) there was a heat wave that rivaled my native Louisiana. No air conditioning, so sleeping was tough. It's a fabulous city, though...I'd really like to visit again.

9. BillyPB

BillyPB Member

And vice versa! :cool::)

James Bagley likes this.