No customization options are available.

New exhaust slip-on ordered

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by Randy Butler, May 26, 2017.

1. Randy Butler

Randy Butler New Member

Ok so I told myself I would not change the exhaust on my r12rs. I had a termi on my ST3 and absolutely loved how it sounded and the performance improvement (although it did not really need more power....). However this morning as I closed the garage door and walked back to my bike I just could not bear the sound of that sewing machine........ Ugh

So I ordered the Leo Vince carbon - yup sprung for the extra cost for the carbon. :)

Anyway pretty psyched and can't wait to get it on the bike.

Randy

SoCal RS likes this.
  2. SoCal RS

SoCal RS Active Member Contributor

Nice looking pipe. I ordered the GPR slip on, was suppose to ship this week.. fingers crossed.

3. Gregory Clark

Gregory Clark Active Member Contributor

Curious - which distributor did you use?

4. Ualfly

Ualfly Member

Good call, just finished a 300 mile ride with mine and all went well. I left the baffle in, but it still has a nice rumble to it, and a fun initial snarl on startup. I didn't like the stainless screws and washers for the front guard, so I hit them with some gloss black Krylon before mounting up... IMG_1028.JPG

Luper, OKBMW and Mark like this.
  5. Gregory Clark

Nice pipe - just ordered one through Revzilla - they price matched another competitor so I could use my Zilla bucks. :)

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  6. boxter

boxter Active Member

Has any member made the exhaust flap stay open 24/7 ?, The first firing as you start engine sound great, then the flap closes ( nearly ) and that lovely thud is gone !!!

Ged

7. shorn sheep

shorn sheep Active Member

the flap defaults to open by means of a large spring, to disable it just disconnect the cables from the servo motor or do what i did and remove the flap entirely

Attached Files:

8. SoCal RS

SoCal RS Active Member Contributor

Any issues?

9. Hoser

Hoser Active Member

There have been some comments that without the flap, riding at high elevation will be a problem as the back pressure is supposed to help with the lean mix.
    That said, I replaced the whole front end with Acra headers and they are without the flap

10. shorn sheep

I cut the cat out of the headers at the same time, also fitted an 'accelerator module'. There is some debate as to whether these modules work or whether the ecu recognises them as a fueling fault and compensates for their interference - returning the mixture to the factory setting after a period of time, so maybe they work, maybe not. Even with the stock muffler it sounded pretty good but I fitted an arrow can that sounds about the right amount of loud to me. No issues, no popping on decell or anything. You do have to leave the servo motor plugged in or it throws an error code and goes into limp wristed mode. I stripped the servo motor down removing all the cable pulling bits then mounted it more out of sight where it whirrs away thinking it's closing the flap:) I'm not sure if the bike goes any different, certainly hasn't affected performance in a negative way. At 190-200kph it sounds like an angry wasp or a small aircraft

Attached Files:

11. Gregory Clark

Got mine and installed it yesterday. Love the sound the pop on the up shifts and burble on the downshifts.
    Very high quality material and workmanship.
    This is a fine alternative at half the cost of the other alternatives.

12. Randy Butler

Randy Butler New Member

Sorry I recently returned from a month long trip with the bike. The van was here when I returned and I just installed it last night so no experience. Glad to see the experience others have seen.

13. dinez

dinez Member

There is Akra exhaust header available in Revzilla too. Anyone fixed this? Can it be fixed with the stock muffler?

14. shorn sheep

based on the fact that the akra muffler fits to the stock headers I would guess the answer was yes - but the best people to ask would be Akrapovic

15. Randy Butler

Randy Butler New Member

I installed my Leo Vince carbon slip-on last week and heading off on a couple hour ride. First impression was that I really felt the difference in the weight when riding. The bike felt more maneuverable however I will say that pervious that I was riding around month with saddle bags full so it may be just the result of loosing all that weight but honestly it really did feel more nimble.

At first I did not like the new sound or rather was not satisfied with the change but as I rode it I really got to like it. It is slightly louder than stock, slightly more aggressive sounding and not at all obnoxious. The one thing I clearly felt was less back pressure when throttling off and actually I like that part as I can be a lot smoother in that transition. Anyway I am happy with it overall performance, handling, sound and the looks!

AZGeek and Luper like this.
: leo vince