No customization options are available.

New boots

Discussion in 'Helmets, Leathers, Boots and Gloves' started by Jim Evans, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

TCX S-Speed waterproof boots. $265 from Fortnine Canada. Just tried them out on a 600 km day and was very pleased: they are very light and feel slim on the bike, but the fitting is quite roomy and allow for thick socks. I got size 43 Euro, although my other boots are both 44. My old Alpinestars Web Goretex are quite sloppy and lacking in support by comparison, while my AXO Freedom WP are tight and seem to weigh at least twice as much.
    They look pretty cool with all the exoskeleton stuff and silvery bits (they call the colour black/graphite) but not as wild as a full race boot.
    Protection is good: CE level 2/2/1: rather surprisingly, with the much-vaunted "torsion control system " they only rate level 1 for lateral torsion control. However, they aren't bad to walk in, albeit a bit squeaky, very comfortable on the bike and give great feel for the foot controls. In 12C temperatures they were comfortable, but I suspect they'll be cold down near freezing; however, presumably that means they won't be roasting when summer comes back.
    As for the waterproofing, that will have to wait for a wet day.

Jetpilot5, ray2 and dcysurfer like this.
  2. GordonH

GordonH Well-Known Member

Jim, I've used a pair if TCX something or others for the last 8 years......comfy, wear well and pretty well waterproof (although they do start to leak after about 3hrs in heavy rain....but not so much.).

They're as good as anything and much better value.

3. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

If they are a fairly loose fit then get some Keis heated insoles for colder days. Much better that an extra pair of socks.

Jim Evans likes this.
  4. Jim Evans

Jim Evans Well-Known Member

Thanks Gordon, always helps to have one's choice positively confirmed!

5. Sapeate

Sapeate New Member

Jim Evans likes this.
  6. wessie

wessie Well-Known Member

7. Jetpilot5

Jetpilot5 Member

I have the TCX S-Sportour Evo Waterproof Boots, only a year old but so far completely waterproof. My last ride of the season last year was 200 miles of rain and I stayed completely dry. I would think they use the same system in your boot. Nice boots.

Jim Evans likes this.