No customization options are available.

Navigator VI

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by ranette, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

False alarm! The screen is still frozen in music mode while streaming! You can switch between songs... but it shows the song title you first start with! They are working on the issue!

2. Hugh

Hugh Member

Guess what - Garmin have sent me a replacement but rather than putting my name on the address they put someone else's and as a result I cannot sign for it. So caught in a catch 22 for the time-being.

Aussie Import likes this.
  3. Tripleblack

Tripleblack Member

be very interested to see if it works

4. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Heh! Even there they can't get the directions right. ;)

Aussie Import likes this.
  5. Wambo

Wambo New Member

On a different note, having issues connecting both my helmet (Schuberth communicator) and my Android phone (Samsung S8) simultaneously, Sep that i can control streaming media from the Garmin. I always have to disconnect from the Garmin to stream and concerned that probably means no phone integration. I saw somewhere that iphone was only supported, but wanted to confirm, as that was hard to believe.

6. SauRoN

SauRoN Well-Known Member

Are you trying to connect the Schuberth to Android phone and Garmin at the same time? Or are do you mean connecting the Garmin to both at the same time?

Because I have similar issues connecting iPhone directly to headset and Garmin at the same time. So I just ended up putting MP3's on the Garmin and connecting the Headset + Phone to that as the "central" device instead.

7. Yoda

Yoda Active Member

I've said this before but, at least in the case of the BMW comms system (old type, haven't seen a new one yet) the manual is quite clear - you can't connect a phone and a nav (of any kind) to the comms device at the same time. The phone must be connected to the nav device and the nav device connected to the helmet.

SauRoN likes this.
  8. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

They just sent out an update! I performed it when I got home this morning...I gave it a try when I woke up! The music played freely and there appeared to be no buffeting or freezing! We’ll see, it will be 30 degrees when I get off! That’s a test!! I have the IPhone 7 Plus! I am getting the X will see how that pairs this weekend!

9. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

Just got the update on mine. Cannot stream music from my Android phone. Not that it ever could.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
    Grumpy Goat likes this.
  10. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

Are you linking your phone to gps and helmet to gps and using app on phone to link the two??

11. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

Yes, this is the way it is supposed to work, right?

12. Timbotc

Timbotc Member

Just got the email from Garmin that the fix is indeed in! I had already installed update with no further issues! They did say in the email that after the update you might need to unpair an re-pair your devices!

13. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

I say that this is purely coincidental. The GPS is unable to access the phone and browse for music.

14. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

This morning it started working. Not that I intended to work it anymore, I just quit trying. Maybe it got into Xmas mode. In the afternoon, on my way home, I decided to have a slow ride listening to some music. I lost the GPS navigation sounds and it made some funny noises for most of the ride. Until I was about 1-1.5kms from home, where it felt probably happy and started playing music.

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  15. Wambo

Wambo New Member

swedkg, can you elaborate on what exactly started working? My issue is that I can't seem to connect both my Android Phone and my Helmet (Schuberth - C3) to the Garmin to allow the Garmin to control music and still give me turn by turn directions. Have pretty much just cut the Garmin out, and use it visually while I stream music from my phone to the headset. So trying to make sure I understand if I am doing something wrong or need to re-pair.

16. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

What started working was the media streaming between the three: the GPS, the phone and the BT headset. All I did was remove everything and re-pair them. Also made sure that all options for the BT headset and phone were checked on the GPS's BT settings. Although the phone icons appear on the GPS's status bar, when I went into the settings, media was not still available and I had to manually add it.

17. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

This morning could not make it work. So I'm going back to the "it's purely coincidental" statement.

Grumpy Goat likes this.
  18. Aussie Import

Aussie Import Well-Known Member

I had a software update waiting for me for the Sena 10 U. Next phone call I made did not drop out or malfunction with my Nav V and Samsung Note 8 combo.
    It pays to check.

19. Grumpy Goat

Grumpy Goat Well-Known Member Contributor

Swedkg - When you say you cannot stream ... what is the source of the music on the Android phone? Stored files on the phone or streamed music from Pandora or Spotify or some other online streaming service?

20. swedkg

swedkg Active Member

^^ I'm talking about streaming stored files on the phone.