No customization options are available.

Nav V (Navigator 5) / Phone Music Query

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by TheGarratt, Jan 13, 2018.

1. TheGarratt

TheGarratt Active Member

TL;DR: How does the Nav V handle music played from a phone it's paired with?

I'm looking at helmet headset options, and some will do multiple bluetooth connections (ie, both Phone and Nav 5 connect direct to the Helmet), others won't (ie, both phone and helmet connect direct to Nav 5).

I'm looking at the Schuberth SRC (got a C3 that it fits), that does the later, so the set-up would be:
    Android Phone > Nav 5 > SRC on Helmet

What I don't know, is how, if at all, the Nav 5 passes on music being played on the phone.
    My ideal scenario is the phone plays audio from an app (a Podcast app in particular) which I would set to play before setting off, which is passed to the Nav 5, which is passed to the Helmet. But I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how the Nav V handles music playing from a phone.

2. Willy

Willy Well-Known Member

The Nav V can't do that, you either need to play audio direct from the Nav, or you will have to pair you phone to the headset as a music player. If you want to dream podcasts etc you will need to do the latter or else it's a Nav VI.

TheGarratt likes this.
  3. TheGarratt

TheGarratt Active Member

Thanks for confirming Willy, been struggling to get a proper answer on it anywhere :)