No customization options are available.

Monthly posting

Discussion in 'USA Northeast Riders' started by Mr. 36654, May 17, 2017.

1. Mr. 36654

Mr. 36654 Well-Known Member

I should have started out earlier today, but covered 400-miles. Looped up to the Seneca Reservation in western NY state along the east side of Kinzua Dam / Allegheny reservoir. Kinzua Dam - Allegheny Res.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    Lee, darrell and Bravo like this.
  2. Vtbob

Vtbob Well-Known Member

Last monday a group of us went on a North East Kingdom ride, met for breakfast at the Gables Inn in Stowe Vt. I had eggs benedict with a chuck of real ham...out standing. The owner of the Inn gave us a great table on the porch, maybe we had some pull as he Randy rides an RS too!!!!
    We wandered the back roads,to the remote Norton Canadian boarder crossing, then followed the boarder thru Canaan into New Hampshire up to past the third Connecticut lake and the Canadian boarder. Turned around, had lunch near the first Connecticut Lake. Down the Connecticut river then over toward Burke Mountain the across some dirt roads to Hardwick where we separated to our individual ways home.
    A bit over 400 miles for me...a great day!

Mr. 36654 and To and Fro like this.
  3. Mr. 36654

Hmm.....so this is what can happen when you have friends???

Bravo likes this.
  4. Mr. 36654

The previous weekend I attended an Iron Butt seminar and discovered a world of Bat Poop crazy people. In addition, I glanced at my rear tire and discovered the impending need for new rubber. So, last Friday was a return trip to the dealer for new Michelin's. Rain Saturday and Sunday. Looped thru the End-of-Holiday traffic on Monday, but saw a number of BMW's going south from central NY. I assume they were attendees from the Watkins Glen rally.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  5. vat

vat Active Member

Bat Poop crazy people? I think I may resemble that remark

6. vat

vat Active Member

Speaking of that I'm off in the AM down to The Iron Horse Lodge in NC for a meet up of Horizon's Unlimited. Rain gear ready for a wet start of the day and a little over 800 mile ride

7. Mr. 36654

It was meant in the most complimentary manner possible.

8. vat

vat Active Member

As it was taken. Doing the basic IBA saddle Sore 1000 is really not that hard. In fact the records keeping is more of a pia than the 1k ride in 24hrs. I stop a lot and in general lolly gag and manage to complete it 18 to 19 hours. It is a lot easier to do any of the IBA cert rides out west where the speed limits are higher. I've never done a group SS 1k but if anyone is interested I'd be willing organize it. It's getting a little late in the year now with shorter daylight hours. getting shorter. So lets start planing it for this coming spring. Anyone interested seen me a PM. Best to keep the group down to about 10 people.