No customization options are available.

MIVV Complete Exhaust System

Discussion in 'Exhaust System & Fuel Delivery' started by Braap!, Feb 22, 2017.

1. Braap!

Braap! Member

Sorry to hear that "PJ's Parts is no more, shame - she was a pleasure to work with. . . After.jpg Before.jpg I've been on a quest lately to get my poor (stock) RS singing lessons - er, an exhaust system! I've been reading everything I can get ahold of, and all of the forums on here as well. One of the main reasons I wasn't looking at brand A or brand R, is that almost every R or RS I see on the road is running them - so dare I to be different? I started to look at some of the lesser known - but not necessarily lesser quality brands that don't seem as common on the street. All said and done, I ended up going with an Italian brand called MIVV. I found that their prices are right in my budget (less than A&R) and I like the styling they project. I had a really good experience just recently with a bike shop here in the States (PJ's Parts.com in Tennessee) and the nice Lady "Paige" (865-233-2883) was very pleasant to work with. Now, I cant wait until the post man brings me some big boxes so the RS & Myself can go out and make some music! Hope that didn't sound too corny - Oh well. New quest time - gotta find some kewl adjustable foot pegs - here we go!

Well, finally got around to installing the MIVV exhaust system. When I got the box from Paige, she said that another customer with this same brand of system had a few difficulties with the installation - but I am happy to report that it went on with no drama, duration: 3/4 of a beer! I was actually surprised that it did go on so easily after hearing of the other customers struggles (he musta been using left-handed tools!). From a "Quality Assurance" standpoint, the welds are flat beautiful. the supplied hardware was almost spot on (muffler attach bolt could be a .125" longer to ensure threads completely thru the nut) and my only complaint (if I must) would be that the rearmost exhaust clamp looks odd if you do not re-install the stock heat shield. The other surprise is how well this pipe works! Sure, I was expecting a bit more noise, and a bit better "seat-of-the-pants" feeling - but this thing actually made quite a measurable difference. The bottom to mid "lean lag" feeling was gone, and it felt like the motor was way more happy revving up to the top. And this is only the exhaust by itself! cant wait to see how the K&N and the Booster Plug help here too! The sound (also very important) as delivered with the decibel insert in, was noticeably deeper, and that wonderful growl - while not too loud, is even more pronounced. I ride with ear plugs, so the engine tone is now "hearable" at 80 mph - but not even to the irritating level. I know now that I should be able to put some long duration rides on her without getting a muffler-migraine.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    N_Collins, Luper, ray2 and 3 others like this.
  2. Tassy RS

Tassy RS Member

Gday just wondering if you are still happy with the mic exhaust , I do like the look of them

3. Braap!

Braap! Member

Howdy Tassy RS! To be honest, I've only put about 600 miles on the bike since the installation of the MIVV system - but I am proud to state that I am completely satisfied with this product! Like I mentioned earlier, the quality is outstanding, fit & finish look superb - and I love the low to mid snarl! I find myself short-shifting almost all of the time (unless I'm really trying to get gone) just to enjoy the meaty mid-range. I still need to purchase and install the "Booster-Plug" and air filter - that should make it even better! Cheers!

4. Tassy RS

Tassy RS Member

Yea cool, yes I like the angles on there pipe , goes with the sharpness of the bike , there webpage is good and informative , I can't seem to find a dealer in Aust , bit more searching , did you choose not to fit the stock heat shroud , but yea good to hear your happy braap, thanks

5. Braap!

Braap! Member

I thought it looked "edgier" without the heat shield. I will find and install a better looking wide stainless steel clamp (definitely NOT an ADEL type) for the muffler pipe junction - but it isn't a priority right now. Rode the bike in this morning to work - still sounds great!

6. Tassy RS

Tassy RS Member

Thanks braap , yep I sent mivv a email, they replied with details on a dealer here in Aust , now decisions decisions , the black or stainless , kind of pointing towards the silver with the granite grey , cheers mate for your feedback ,

Braap! likes this.
  7. Moose

Moose New Member

Hey Tassy RS, mate who is the Aussie dealer? Very interested in a slip-on for my RS.

8. Tassy RS

Tassy RS Member

Gday moose , yes the the mivv is a good pipe, this is the dealer for them in Aust , www.roadrocketspecials.com.au , and that is from mivv them selfs, cheers mate